Forums are back in action! ×

BAM work woot

I-Jo

So one of the guys from head quarters today showed up at our office- younger guy- and we joked with him that if came into our cubicle- he had to push ups (since my cubicle buddy and I do push ups all the time)... so all 4 of us banged out a bunch of push ups.    

The older guy did 40- but didn't really fight for any- just did until he was tired... respectable (esp after coming off vacation) he could have done a few more- but meh. 

The visitor- who is in his 20's did 74- we were all dually impressed.

My cubicle buddy did 50- and really struggled squeezing out the last couple.  

My turn.

I blasted through the first 30... and then 50... then hit 60 and said self.  you better.

So I got to 70.

BAM.   I'm excited for myself.  Showed them boys how it was done!!!   :D

new goal- do 100 in one shot.  

woot woot!!!  of course now my arms are kind of pissed at me- but whatever- my pride is worth more than a little arm pump.  he he he he

Nice! The fax machine better watch out!! 

Race - Elf                                                STR - 3                    DEX - 2

Class - Ranger                                        STA - 3                    CON - 2

Level - 0                                                  WIS - 3                    CHA - 2

BAW HA HA HA HAHAH- valid.  most favorite scene from that movie EVAR.

I actually have a picture of my coworker feet up on the desk doing push ups.  HE HE HE I sneak ninja photo-ed him because it was so funny.

occasionally someone walks by and we are talking about doing random work out things- it's highly amusing.  Or I'm down on the floor in skirt and heels doing push ups- whatever- I give no fuck. I refuse to be a fat ass like the rest of the office peoples. 

you sneak in and do them?

Really?  I do them at my cubicle desk.  I have no shame.  Besides- it's gotten 3 other people doing push ups in the office- positive peer pressure!!!

I do walking lunges to the water cooler but I reserve doing squats for the bathroom- I do draw the line and squatting in public in a dress/skirt or other such things!

hahahaha! Amazing! Are you the office character?

I prefer doing them in the privacy of my little press up room, I'm leaving the job in a month and a half so I don't want to go showing off in front of the two people I work with. And I get to lift heavy things a lot of the time as well in there, but still, I can't wait to be free of that job!!

Go BIG, or go home.

sometimes.... it's weird here- I just started in May. I'm past my probationary period (woot woot) but there I work for a place with pension stuff- which means people stick around- and I"m engineering staff- not adminstrative staff- I mostly keep to myself- outside the cubicle- in here it's one thing- outside it's another.

I have issues with the female admin staff- they have been the only ones here for a while- and I think they get their claws all sharped because I'm new and young and technically I rate above them.  It's annoying.

Shrug- but in my cubicle- game on biatches!!! 

I am a class clown everywhere else though for sure.  I do burpees at dance class too when I can't fit them in at my regular work out- it's amusing. 

you have a new job lined up?? quitting and starting something new is always exciting.  I was so pumped when I got this one.  I'd say it's a dream job- but  not quiet but it's pretty damn close. I definitely don't complain- well most of the time ;)

I'm quitting my job here in Ireland and moving to Canada! A LOT of people of my generation have emigrated. Ireland's economy is in the toilet and is only going to get worse, and I don't want to stick around and watch as the government here makes things worse for everyone.

I don't have anything lined up yet but I have really good experience so it shouldn't be difficult getting a job once I arrive in Vancouver. I don't particularly want to continue my current career, and I'd like a change of pace, so I'm open to almost anything once I get there. As long as I can exercise and be happy and make friends, then it's going to be fine!

Go BIG, or go home.

THAT is totally cool.

5 or 6 years ago I packed up my life and put it in a truck and trailer and moved from CA to NJ with nothing but 2000$ and my horse (well my best friend too but I didn't pack her up)

best decision ever- scary- but a great adventure!  That's VERY awesome of you!

Haha sorry I'm still laughing at the whole "squats in the bathroom thing". I can only imagine someone walking in and seeing that haha

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

yeah it's kind of funny- we have this weird entrance area so it's not like I'm fully IN the bathroom.  

It's carpeted and there is a table and chair there- but yep- I do them.  My ass is fabulous- i don't want to get the dreaded "Secretary spread"!!!!!

Someone has to be around here!!!

When my other boss at my other work tells people I'm his favorite and I'm amazing- I like to tell them I actually put on a cape and spandex and thigh high boots and fight crime at night- so yeah- it's kind of amazing. 

:)  

add's to list- does squats in the loo.  

:D

Huh, look at that I actually learned something today!

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

This has to be one of the most interesting threads on here.  From pushups in a cubicle, to squats in a bathroom, to booty talk.

Haha.

Archived