Forums are back in action! ×

Conquered the Hill

Terinatum

Hey. So I'm 5'6 1/2" and I weigh 260# and have been very sedentary until this challenge came. I joined and started moving, inside and out. So things that seemed impossible, now seemed tough. Here's my story.

I am a genius as long as I'm not thinking at the moment of the actual decision. After the dog broke through the thin ice over a big-ish puddle, she wasn't keen on going back the same way. We were at our turn around point of a 45 minute walk in the woods. So! I just kept us going, knowing (in the quiet recesses of my genius brain) that there was another way. After about oh three minutes, my brain decided to let me in on my grand idea. Right! The way we're going now has a huge steep hill attached to it; a frozen, rutted, dirt road. I've climbed this hill before - well climb is pretty strong a word for my attempt. It hurt and it took forever, stopping and trying to breath.

Great!

On the way up I got Rebellious!!!! The steepest part was coming and I decided I was going to go until I failed, rest 1 minute max, and go again until fail and repeat. So, I got my posture squared away and dug in a bit more, liking how the effort felt in my legs. About half way through the steep part, I decided, 'freakin' screw stopping.' I wasn't gonna stop until I hit the steps of the house.

I kept repeating out loud, 'This is nothing, a walk in the park (funny because that's the path we were suppose to be on). Keep stepping high. Keep your head up. There's no stopping. And you still have to climb the three lousy stairs when you get to the house.' And???

:smiley_simmons:  :smiley_simmons:   I P'WNED THAT ROAD.    :smiley_simmons:  :smiley_simmons:

no stops, no painful breathing, no cramps; just pure victory. Of course the dog and I both crashed on the cool, wood floor of the living room for about 10 minutes, stretching everything I could so I could move later.

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

Wooooooo! *dances around*

What an accomplishment. Rock on!

Level 3 - Half-Elf Warrior, STR - 5 | DEX - 1 | STA - 6 | CON - 5.5 | WIS - 3.5 | CHA - 5

I know where I'm going, and I know the truth, and I don't have to be what you want me to be. I'm free to be what I want. ~  Ali

Previous Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

That's great! Probably the best way to keep going is to just tell yourself it's way easy and there's no way you're stopping now. Hills are always awesome. When I did track we had days were we'd just run up and down this steep part of one of the fields for like an hour. No one wanted to move after that, and I will admit to throwing up the first time I did it, but the last time I did it I felt so strong.

Level 1 Pixie Adventurer

Strength: II

Dexterity: III

Stamina: III

Constitution: II

Wisdom: II

Charisma: II

Archived