Forums are back in action! ×

Hello everyone!

I'm Rafael, an almost-33-year-old husband and father from the Philippines (anyone from here or Asia in general?).  I'm a 1st dan black belt aikidoka and FMA enthusiast (haven't trained in FMA in ages though), a manga and anime otaku (that's Japanese for geek), a part time musician who is slowly getting back into writing songs and learning new covers so I can play solo gigs and eventually record my own stuff.  I do bodyweight circuit workouts that I design myself by browsing the Internet for bodyweight exercises and workout routines.  I alternate that with what little yoga and pilates I've picked up over the years.  I practice Aikido once a week.  

I'm currently overweight, which is fine because I used to be obese in my younger years.  Meeting the woman I eventually married (in the dojo - female MAs are hot! Just saying :D) and becoming a father have helped motivate me to adopt a healthier lifestyle.  I quit smoking (although I did backslide a few times), reduced my alcohol intake to a maximum of 3 beers on weekends or none at all, started eating sensibly (it helps that my wife is a great cook who makes it a point to cook healthy food), swore off pot, and became more physically active. Now my clothes fit better and I look and feel better.  I still have a long way to go but I'm in this for the long haul.

OtakuBosatsu

Level 1 Lycan. Druid/Monk at heart, training with the Assassins
STR 7|DEX 5.75|STA 4|CON 3|WIS 3.75|CHA 3

My blog, "Zen, Music, and Movement": http://raffyayaladvo.wordpress.com/

Archived