Forums are back in action! ×

New Car!

KingZora

Not a fitness woot, but I made a new life milestone this week and purchased my first new car!  2013 Ford Focus hatch, great little car and she is doing a great job of teaching me to drive stick as well.  So side woot I made it all the way to my soccer game last night, including 3 hill starts, and I only stalled once! (ok twice... but they were on the same hill so I am counting it as once...)

First time driving a car that is newer than 7 years old and it is an amazing feeling :D

LVL 3: Zoran Warrior

STR:9 | DEX:5 | STA:10 | CON:5 | WIS:12.75 | CHA:9

Current Challenge: Not Really A 6 Week Challenge Challenge

Previous Challenges: 1st2nd

"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. Good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."

YAY YOU!!!

My truck died and I just purchased my  "new to me" car (was an 07- in pristine condition) mazdaspeed3- so very similar to yours- except older.  It's a fantastic feeling- I LOVE it.

Also driving a stick- anti-practical joke- anti theft device in america- no one knows how to drive them practically- good on you.  It gets pretty old in traffic but I wouldn't trade it for the world!

YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY

Pictures Pictures PIctures???

Yah... the focus is used for Rally Cross... but those are heavily modified versions that cost upwards of $180,000...

Mine has the new eco boost shit, but I am really surprised by it, I have been driving around a Ford Taurus before that, big V6, and this tiny little inline 4 produces significantly more power!  160hp and gets 30mpg combined... even though it says it gets 26 city, I have been getting 28 on avg though I am driving it like an eco nut at the moment since I don't want to stress the engine too much right now.  Choosing to get a manual transmission was the best decision as well... the automatic version feels sluggish and it just isn't as much fun, especially given that the new models were actually designed in Germany (ford actually does that now... go go american cars learning how to sell to foreign markets!) they are tons of fun to drive.

Pictures! Sorry if they are a bit oversized...

579828_10200750766188589_446239698_n.jpg

601466_10200750768108637_1678113041_n.jp

73102_10200750765188564_46175109_n.jpg

538728_10200750767028610_1611006957_n.jp

64737_10200750765308567_1033487510_n.jpg

"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. Good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."

That's sweet! I have a Toyota Matrix. I feel more like an athlete in a hatchback than if I drove a sedan. Its easier to throw my bike in.

Your console is nuts!

USS & NBAC Masters swim coach

Current: lifter, runner

Former: triathlete, cyclocross racer, NCAA swimmer

Current games: Borderlands 2, Runescape, Star Ocean, Dragon's Dogma

I've driven sedans ever since I turned 16 so moving to the hatch it has been so nice to be able to throw my gym bag and everything in the back, and the seats fold down so that my snowboard fits in as well, which is a first, I usually awkwardly cram it in the back seat... 

The console is a little crazy haha, Ford may have gone a bit overboard with it, but as a tech nerd it has been a ton of fun figuring out how everything works. It has some neat features too like auto setting the 10 radio favorites to whatever stations in the area come in best, and will automatically adjust the speaker setup to either 4 passenger or driver only optimizations.  There are a bunch of features that keep themselves well hidden though because there are sooo many buttons haha.  Just switching to the USB input takes pressing 6 buttons... or just saying a single word to SYNC and it does it automatically haha, yay technology!

yeah- having an engine with eco or turbo is FANTASTIC.  Mine puts 240 something to the ground and it's so tiny and plastic it'll shake loose if you really hammer it. It's kind of amusing.

We have a ford hybrid for work- the bells and whistles in it are super annoying to be honest- I hate that there is a little MPG bar that goes up and down with how hard you accelerate.  I find it a little annoying sometimes- we have the stripped down model b/c its for work- but definitely nifty. 

I really was mixed on the hatchback- but I have more room than I did in my truck- so yeah- TOTALLY awesome.

plus driving a stick feels bad ass and makes the driving experience so much more fun anyway.  WINNNNNNNNNNNiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Archived