Forums are back in action! ×

Another newbie

Heya!, I've been browsing around this site for a few days now and it seems pretty cool, especially the way it doesn't just mechanically focus on fitness but rather on how it can benefit you in other area's of your life as well.

As for me, and what I'm hoping to accomplish, it's pretty much the usual, get fitter, be more disciplined, and finally do something instead of just watching it on youtube. I also have pretty severe social anxiety (even just typing this message out makes me nervous) but the people here seem pretty cool, so  I hope I can get to know some of the folk here and hopefully make progress towards what I really want to do with my life.

Let us know what exercise related interest and goals you have and we can help point to the right people. The community is huge and can be a bit daunting to find your niche at first. A new challenge is starting in a couple weeks and is a great place to begin.

Running goal - Dopey Challenge 2015

Training to complete an Ironman by 2017. I can swim .5, bike 112, and run 26.2, separately.

Buckland Hobbit, Level 4 Scout

STR 10.25 | DEX 6 | STA 12.75 | CON 8 | WIS 9.75 | CHA 5.75

well I just joined this week and I'm anxious as well.  typing about myself is outsid emy comfort zone.  hell, my intro post is called 'new and nervous'.  don't quote me on how the challenges work but it seems pretty easy to figure out.  You put in what race you are and what class. Then choose what you want to be.  the 'newb' class seems to be 'adventurer' which is what I turned out to be since I just wanna get started on eating right and some light workouts.  Hopefully these links help:

http://darkfriends.fr/nf/index_prod.php

this like a 6 question little quiz to determineyour race/class.

http://nerdfitnessrebellion.com/index.php?/page/index.html/_/challenges/6-week-challenge-rules-r15

this is the explanation of the 6 week challenge.  Basically once u have your race/class, you make small goals you want to accomplish during the 6 weeks which will 'level up' your character - aka - you.

Archived