Forums are back in action! ×

Recruit Arrovi reporting for duty

So... I'm going to be honest with you all and say that I can be pretty lazy sometimes. Often enough I find myself hit with some sort of crippling depression that makes me want to tuck myself away into a blanket fort and never see sunlight again.

But I have goals and dreams as well and I'm a bit tired of being THAT person...  you know, the one that never gets anywhere in life and makes up excuses.

Well, I found this blog and found it to be quite inspiring so here I am posting a newbie journal in the hopes that I can get the motivation to live up to my goals.

I suppose I should start out with where I am and my rough outline of where I want to go...

I'm 22, female and weight around 130 and stand at 5'6". I'm going to go with the method of saying that I'm an elf or at least half elf in that it's hard for me to gain weight but it's also hard for me to get rid of it and I'm weak...   not girl weak but I can't do a pullup and can only make it to 7 or so pushups. (Used to be 14 but that's laziness for you folks.)

I'd like to be able to survive a zombie apocalypse and at least be a formidable opponent. So... basic strength training, cardio, parkour, knowledge (nature), knowledge (local), etc.

Oh I'll also point out that I've generally eaten pretty healthy my entire life but it's harder since I'm at college now and a small salad costs $10...    I don't really eat candy or sweets and I stay away from fast food if at all possible. I would mainline sushi if at all possible... which makes me sound like a drug addict...  but to be fair I'm definitely addicted to sushi. I'm interested in the paleo / more natural diets but I also have to deal with campus food at the moment. (Don't get me wrong, I know how to cook but when you have a super busy schedule you opt for quick and easy so you can get that last minute paper done.)

I guess I will end here and figure out what to start doing first....

-Arrovi

Hello fellow Zombie survivalist (the name is still in progress). First off exercise does help with the depression especially once you get a little momentum behind you. Helps you feel better about yourself and there is something to be said about all those chemicals that exercising produces.

For strength there is a very nice beginner's workout here that is a good place to start with strength. For cardio I would do walks as first turning it into jogging when you can. We have some nice parkour info hanging around here that you can check out too.

And now for your zombie preparations. Check out "Zombies, Run!" for entertainment when you're out and keep you eyes open when you're out there. On top of that check out this cool map.

Level 5 Orc Citizen Soldier

STR 7.5|DEX 9.5|STA 11|CON 12|WIS 20.5|CHA 8.5

Old Challenges 15/4 3/6 7/25

"Do it now."

In the words of Elle Woods from Legally Blonde, "Exercise produces endorphins, and endorphins make you happy!  Happy people just don't kill their husbands!" LOL ;D

Great work taking the first step to eating healthier and getting fitter!! :D

Level Two Time Lord Adventurer
STR - 3 DEX - 1 STA - 2 CON - 3 WIS - 3 CHA - 3

Archived