Forums are back in action! ×

Accountability buddy

Hi all. I'm new to this, been signed up for quite a while. Doing lots of reading and trying to get by on my own, realised I can't so am looking for someone to be accountable to. If anyone is interested, let me know. Not sure how it all works, I live in Australia too!

Hi,

I believe accountability partners are a great thing.  They are basically someone who will come along side you (not literally) and say things like "what did you do today to reach your next goal"  or maybe "do you think that decision will help you reach your goal?"  In order to be accountability buddies you need to know your own goals, and then share them with each other.  Then you just make sure you are helping each other reach those goals and not enabling them to give up or slide too far of course.  Hope this helps!

Carrie

Accountablibuddies has it's own section on the forum. It also generally goes along with the challenges. When you set your goals for the next challenge look in the buddy section for the link to the google doc. It will describe the different groups that are forming. Pick the group that best fits your goals. Then become friends with the people in the buddy group and post in their forum to get help reaching your goals.

Running goal - Dopey Challenge 2015

Training to complete an Ironman by 2017. I can swim .5, bike 112, and run 26.2, separately.

Buckland Hobbit, Level 4 Scout

STR 10.25 | DEX 6 | STA 12.75 | CON 8 | WIS 9.75 | CHA 5.75

Hi Leah!  Having an accountability partner is a great idea.  I've been kind of looking for one, too.  From your profile, I can see we have a lot in common:  same age, 2 kids, background in Education, and running.  I'm totally envious of your martial arts training, though.  It's on my Bucket List.  I don't live in Australia, but I'd be happy to swap goals and check in occasionally to keep you honest and would hope you would do the same for me.

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

Journey before Destination

Archived