Forums are back in action! ×

Newb. Already levelling up life. Time for more

So my life changer hit in November when I had a medical. I was mildly hypertensive, starting to show sign of insulin resistance, suffering from Irritable bowel and heart burn. I am an active and successful 33 year old. What the hell was I doing wrong. I worked out a couple of times per week, race fairly physical sailboats and ride horses at least twice a week. But here I was a fat blob at 41% body fat. Failing my physical also delayed a huge job opportunity for at least a year. I had to do something.

I started running and eating better. Or so i thought. In January I had a friend introduced me to a great book called Wheat Belly. Eureka. She had already lost ten or so pounds and had found that wheat was the main cause of her migraines. Hmm. Maybe there's something here. So I cut out wheat. Then doing some more research I came across Paleo. This made even more sense to me. So mid February I started eating mainly Paleo. I also found this site.

I am a road warrior extreme. My job takes me all over North America and sometimes into Europe and other crazy places. I often have to compromise my diet as best I can. And workouts have been hard. Especially when living in tents in the high arctic for a month or some other crazy place.

Well to make a long story not so short. I have lost 22 pounds since January, reduced my body fat to 34% and I am no longer hypertensive, insulin resistant or suffer from irritable bowel (yay). I snore less, need less heart burn meds and I'm just getting started. It really hasn't been that hard to achieve. This is my new lifestyle.

The other day I bought the rebel strength guide deluxe, a scale that can travel and does body fat and a cool doorframe mounted chin-up bar. Time to start working out on the road and get the body I always wanted.

Welcome to the rebellion! I'm a fellow horseback rider, and though I haven't sailed in years, I enjoyed it when my family did it almost every weekend during summers. What style do you ride and what size are the boats you take out?

Level 1 Pixie Adventurer

Strength: II

Dexterity: III

Stamina: III

Constitution: II

Wisdom: II

Charisma: II

I learned English first, dressage but have also done some western riding. Trail class mainly for fun. I have an English,western and Aussie saddle for my mare although I have never taught her neck reining so I alway use an English bridal and rein English. The western saddle is my nice trail saddle and the Aussie is my synthetic beater. It's also a little larger so if a friend is riding her it sometimes fits them better. I use my dressage saddle when working in the ring.

As for boats. I sail on a soling crew, foredeck. It's a 27' light displacement keel boat. I also sail weekends on a 20' catamaran. Of course both are fully rigged with flying sails.

post-15090-0-53854800-1365124905_thumb.j

I'm an English rider myself, though I have dabbled in a bit of Western. Currently I'm mainly a jumper, but I've done some dressage and cross country in the past. Your mare is adorable. I have a little chestnut Arab, she's my first, and I use one of my trainer's horses for competition and lessons, he's a big half Clydesdale, half Thoroughbred gelding, he's the one in my picture. 

Level 1 Pixie Adventurer

Strength: II

Dexterity: III

Stamina: III

Constitution: II

Wisdom: II

Charisma: II

Archived