Forums are back in action! ×

Hey everyone, I'm Dylan!

I've actually been a rebel about a month now, I got the rebel Running guide and havent really had much time to look back since. Though I have been looking for an excuse to at least make a forum account. I've always loved exersize, just always kinda ended up free styling my work outs and nearly over doing it, that was partially why I got the guide, second reason was I have always love running, and I wanted to get better at it, but the whole, "get up and do it" thing was pushing me too hard and leaving me exhausted. Now that I've been getting into it backed by knowledge and structure I'm hooked.

It's freeing, calms my anxiety and lets me just, get away for a while. Anyone else get that?

Now the sad part, almost two weeks ago now, I fell down the stairs, and got a second degree sprain in my ankle. Still not sure EXACTLY what that means, doc just told me, "it means you did what you did really well." So, if any of you can shed more light on the exact meaning of that term, I'd be delighted to know more about what I did to myself.

That said, i've been stuck in a splint since it happened, and I'm finally getting the green light to start using it a little, and work on therapy, It'll be a little while, but I'll be able to run again, and that's my drive. It's been difficult mentally sitting around, and would love to meet some new, like minded people, so dont be afraid to say hi! Also, if you have any tips or advice on therapy, I'd love to hear it, I'll be looking through the forums as well, but dont be afriad to pm me either.

Now that all the "why I'm here" stuff is out of the way, I'm in Oklahoma, dunno if there's any other rebels who out there who are as well, but I can hope!

Oh, and go to therapy and ice the hell out of your ankle and don't do what I did with my knees and start doing too much too soon!  Two years later my knees are still f'd up and they will never be the same, because I was stubborn!  I have lots if experience with soft tissue injuries... it's all about the right amount of rest as well as controlled exercise. :)

Archived