Forums are back in action! ×

Cardiologist appointment success!

cn3wton

So I just got done with a stress test.

First let me start off with saying that yesterday I did tons of cardio, lunges, be squats etc.

So the whole time I'm going I'm having a conversation with the technicians. The incline was at a rediculous angle too. I was going 5 mph and my pants were falling down.

By this time I was breathing heavy, my legs were giving me the "we can't take anymore captain were falling apart", And my pants were about to fall and give everyone an exclusive close up of my boxer briefs.

13 mins at an incline I didn't think was possible on a treadmill, and I was done. Did I mention I hate running? On top of all that they shaved my chest.

So this doctor comes in that I had met for the first time 20 minutes before. He starts off by going "only 13 minutes! I can do that and I'm old enough to be your grandfather!" Then he points at my stomach and goes "that's part of the problem". I laughed and he told me everything was normal. I asked about a level on my blood work and he said "ah that's bull shit don't worry about it". He says I should drop my weight and keep exercising. When I dropped the "I just lost 100 pounds" he was like good keep working on it!

I seriously wish this guy was a regular doctor. I love doctors who give it to you straight and don't coddle you.

Anyways my woot is great results and a good time running half naked on a treadmill for 13 minutes more than I could a year ago in front of complete strangers.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Archived