Forums are back in action! ×

Hi!  I'm Melissa and I'm a hobbit.  I'm short and overweight...and looking to change the overweight part.  I've tried the fad diets like Atkins and Weight Watchers, but always regained the weight.  I'm looking for a lifestyle change that I can live with, without feeling deprived or bored with what I'm eating.  I stumbled across this site and the changes I've made so far, which include cutting out most of the carbs I would normally eat and eating more natural foods.  My boyfriend, who is also on these forums, is making these changes with me.  He wants to do the challange coming up and I'd like to try it with him.  The only question I have is about the 4 goals to make.  I've never been good with short term goals so if anyone could help me out, that would be great.  Thanks and I look forward to being apart of this community. 

Welcome n__n i like hobbits.

You should take a look here:  How to NOT suck at Goal Setting

It is a nice place to start n__n and follow up this thread

http://nerdfitnessrebellion.com/index.php?/topic/24837-guidelines-and-resources/

Nerthux, Level 2 - Tauren AdventurerSTR 4.5 | DEX 3 | STA 5 | CON 5.5 | WIS 9.5 | CHA 4

But, What the hell is a Tauren dude?   [Here you'll see]

WEAPONS [Wooden Dumbbell +20 lbs x2 |  Exercise Vigor Ball | Magic Resistance Band]
EQUIPMENT [Mystic Goggles (Enchanted with Water) | Novice Swimsuit (Enchanted with Sexiness) ]

welcome! the best way to create short term goals is to be specific.  for example with exercise.  Let's say you can walk 30 minutes.  Well if you can do that now, then your goal should be to walk 35 min, ect.  Or if you get started with weight training, a goal can be increasing the reps or sets or the overall weight. 

gage what you CAN do now, so you can se the bar higher.

For food it can be consistency with eating the correct way, or by cutting out a SPECIFIC thing if you don't want it.  Like, only have 1 soda a day, and then eventually 1 soda every other day. 

Nerthux is right too; looking at the article will help.

Archived