Forums are back in action! ×

Happy Twitch!

So I recently got into CrossFit, and got turned on to Chip Conrad's (BodyTribe) work/philosophy by our very own Vector. Naturally I picked up the BodyTribe DVD's and was checking them out on the flight out to Portland, and had to fight the urge to try out some poses and "frolicking" in the aisles. I could only imagine how the flight crew would react!

But wait, what? A portion of Brutal Recess was filmed at Recreate Fitness in, wait for it, wait for it.... Portland! Sweet!!! I am on my way to Portland!!! So I looked them up and scheduled a walk-in class for Monday morning and am ridiculously stoked and excited! I actually wish that the weekend was over so I can go bust my ass Monday morning :) Super psyche!!! WOOOOOO!!!!

Now returning you to your normally scheduled broadcast.

BTW if any Portland area Nerd would like to meet up please drop me a message! 

Race - Elf                                                STR - 3                    DEX - 2

Class - Ranger                                        STA - 3                    CON - 2

Level - 0                                                  WIS - 3                    CHA - 2

Ohhhhh ya, That is what I'm talking about :)

Recreate Fitness in Portland is an amazing place and the people there are very friendly and helpful. I got my first taste of doing some of the moves from Brutal Recess, and whoooo buddy! The dvd sure makes it look easy, and my legs are saying I told you so! The kettle bell workouts/warm-ups were a lot of fun!!! :) I think I am in love with doing a "halo rotation" with a 25 pounder :) All of the sudden being single isn't that bad. *Note* If I make a post hinting that I am cuddling with my kettle bell please send help immediately.

Here is todays workout:

3x

5 halos

5 around the body pass

5 spinal waves

5 goblet squats

partner strike swing ladder 5-10-15-15-10-5

5 minute segs. each

a) 10 medicine ball shouldering/ 8 ring rows

B) 3 sandbag up-downs/ 3 kick thrusts (aka funky dance moves)

c) 8 sandbag around the worlds/ heavy carry

workout x2

Run lap around building

20 sandbag slams

15 mountain climbers

10 burpees

bear crawl across the gym

Race - Elf                                                STR - 3                    DEX - 2

Class - Ranger                                        STA - 3                    CON - 2

Level - 0                                                  WIS - 3                    CHA - 2

Archived