Forums are back in action! ×

Well hello there :)

My name is Daniel Gomez.

Enlisted in the Air Force. Stationed in Okinawa and currently serving some time in Afghanistan.

My weight bounces between 195 - 205lbs. Last I checked, I was 19% BF. Standing at 6'2"

I love the island life - I was utilizing the awesome weather for runs along the beach and going on bike rides.

Was going through some life funk and was not doing too much in regards to strength training and an injury soon left me doing not much.

Upon arriving out here, I started to build steam with training and now I am getting speed as I have started getting my momentum. Quickly adapted the "When in doubt about working out...just work out!"

The Current Pattern:

Monday - Chest/Triceps

Tuesday - Bodyweight Circuits/Cardio

Wednesday - Back/Biceps

Thursday - Bodyweight Circuits/Cardio 

Friday - Legs/Shoulders

Saturday - Bodyweight Circuits/Cardio

Sunday - Rest/Walk around the base

Although I'm in a 1/2 office job and 1/2 all over the flightline job, I don't get much of a chance to go to the chow hall to get semi-decent food. Which often has me relying on eating 'Mermite Meals'

(For those wondering what a Mermite is.... it's basically heated leftovers.) The nutritional value is not so high, considering that most of the food is won by the 'lowest bidder,' so I do my best to eat as clean as I can. However, often times I find myself starving and sometimes giving in despite my better judgement (also, the constant goodies we receive in care packages doesn't help my case Â¬_¬)

I drink protein shakes to get my protein intake up seeing as how I don't have many sources available out here (and for post workout recovery.) Currently, I consume 100g and guestimate that the rest is in the food that's being consumed (but not likely.) Aiming for an intake of about 200g a day.

I KNOW that diet is 80% of the game and that if I really want to see changes, I need to get that in check.

The goals that I am aiming to achieving:

1) Drop the BF to 12 - 16%

2) Be able to run 1.5 miles in under 9:25 (I have only done it once - I want to be able to do this again without struggling)

3) Perform 50 proper form push-ups in under a minute

4) Be able to finally do a pull-up

Well, there is my story. Aside from using Fitocracy, I believe that this is one of the greatest things I have stumbled upon for my health and fitness goals. Love the articles, and the community here is amazing.

Cheers from Afghanistan!

Level 2 Blood Elf Warrior

STR  5.80 / DEX 4 / STA  4.4 / CON 1 / WIS 5.9 / CHA 3.25

"When you punch - you bring your arms up. When you step - you bring your feet up. And you must ALWAYS KEEP --- your heart up!" - Von Kaiser, Mike Tysons Punch Out!

Challenge 1 - I Lift Heavy Things To Put Them Back Down

Welcome! I am also on the quest for pull ups. There's an article on here about conditioning for pull ups (here)I have a friend that's actually preparing for deployment in a few months; I'll have to remember not to send him too much junk, maybe some protein powder instead. Also, thank you for your service. 

Level 1 Pixie Adventurer

Strength: II

Dexterity: III

Stamina: III

Constitution: II

Wisdom: II

Charisma: II

First, welcome!

Second, thank you for your service!

Third, best of luck as you work on your goals.  I actually share one of them, #4. I have never been able to do a pull up (well maybe I'm lying and probably did plenty when I was 6 and in the jungle gym) but as far as my young adult years nope. 

Archived