Forums are back in action! ×

First real workout since my SI joint injury!

It's so awesome to have my legs feel like jelly again! Seriously.

I haven't been able to squat for about 5 weeks, or do anything that rotated the hips/curved the lower back/sacral area. The strain probably isn't completely healed - but I tried to be careful and test various movements. I busted out 3 sets of squats - can tell I'm not 100% healed but I'm way better than I was. Did squats and back lunges for leg work, military presses w/resistance bands for arm work, and bird dogs (5 second hold per rep) and planks for core work. Stretching felt great after. Such a great feeling to feel like I've actually done some work!

(I'm still a little scared I did too much too fast... but I'm giving myself the weekend to recover, and using ice and ibuprofen to keep any extra swelling down. I was going crazy not doing squats!)

"You're not in it to get Most [Recognized Rebel Ever]. You're not in it to be eligible for prizes. You're in this because you made a promise to yourself and you refuse to let you down. Walk the talk. And even when you don't talk much, make the walk so powerful that it leaves no room for questions - from inside or out." -note to self Str7.5 Dex6 Sta5.7 Con11.8 Wis10.4 Cha2 Intro post~Challenge 1~Challenge 2~Challenge 3~Challenge 4~Battle Log 1 Ranger Level 3

Good job! Remember to rest when you need it and not push yourself too hard! I know full well how hard it is to find that Line without crossing it when it comes to coming back from an injury. I wish you the very best!

Laces High Level 2 Adventurer

STR - 4 DEX - 2 STA - 6 CON - 5 WIS - 5 CHA - 4

“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.†-Dr. Seuss

Archived