Forums are back in action! ×

Fiona dreams of being Lara

The Fantasy....  I'm a kick-ass, strong female warrior a' la Lara Croft, Alice (Resident Evil) or Buffy (tvs)

The Reality.... Fiona from Shrek (minus the green skin and funny ears)

I saw Steve on creativeLive a couple of weeks ago and I felt inspired to check out the rebellion movement here on NF.  I'm glad I did.  

I started with the Beginner's workout as I am a nooB to strength training and I huffed and puffed through 1 set of the exercises - and may have fudged some of the movements to boot - but the next time I tried to do more and got through 1.5 sets and worked on my form.  After 4 workouts, I have already lost and inch on my hips and 1/2 an inch on my waist so I'm feeling very motivated to continue.  I don't want to be too much of an eager beaver, so I'm trying to pace myself so as not to burn out before I reach my goals.  It used to be a goal of reaching 143 pounds (I'm 5'7") and a size 6.  But after reading almost everything on NF, my new goal is to get strong.  I'm not sure how much is possible just yet, so I'm going to level up each 6 week challenge and continue to get stronger.  I weighed myself before I started and the scale read 229.5.  I'm not going to weight myself again for 6 months, but I am going to take pictures every month and might even post them here.

My teen daughter calls me a sci-fi geek and I'm part of the nerd herd (I'm an accountant for a large silicon valley computer company), and I feel like I've found my brethren here.  I'm not much of a gamer, but only because I lack the hand-eye coordination and time for it.  The idea of making my life an RPG is very exciting to me.  I love sic-fi and fantasy movies, shows and comics.  My largest iTunes genre in movies/shows is Sci-Fi/Fantasy.  I used to try to hide it, but not I feel proud to be part of the nerd herd.

I was a total tomboy as a kid and very jealous that my brother could have super-hero underroos and I was stuck with flowers and tutus.  I did talk my mom into spiderman tennis shoes and t-shirts though, and owned many a Star Wars action figure and ship including the Millennium Falcon.  I wish I'd taken better care of it and had it still today.  

Anyways, here I am, and I'll be joining in the Adventurer challenges starting 4/15 and encouraging others in their challenges along the way.

Talk to you soon...

-VirgoGirl

VirgoGirl, level 1 Adventurer. Druid at heart, training with the Adventurers

STR 2|DEX 1|STA 2|CON 1|WIS 5|CHA 4

welcome!  I'm new and am joining the 6-week challenge next week as well.  hope to see you there.  the not weighing yourself/pics  is a good idea. I(and many many others) can get obsessed with numbers and a regular scale just isn't accurate or helpful enough.  Better to see how clothes fit.

Did you by any chance try the new tomb raider lara?  I tried it yesterday via gamefly.

Archived