Forums are back in action! ×

Lift Run Row

Hello, I'm Ian if my username hadn't already given that game away.  I've been following NF since early January yet it's taken my this long to make it a priority to sign up for the forum.  I am an ex rowing coach / rower, that has always enjoyed doing most sports but never really pushed myself.

The title of this post is what my new simplified training plan is going to be which should allow me to achieve the goals I set myself back in December which I've put below.

Body
- waist size of 34", currently 36"

CrossFit
- do a single Muscle Up on rings
- RX Elizabeth

Cycling
- average at least one ride to work a week for year, currently on track as have used bike 13 times for work
- cover over 50 miles in one day

Rowing
- row a sub 7 minute 2000 meter on C2
- row over 7500 meters for a 30 minute session

Running
- run a sub 25 minute 5000m Park Run, last park run was just under 30 minutes
- complete a 10k road race without walking

I have recently decided to take a break from CrossFit because even though I was finding the WOD's good, at times I was feeling bad about my performance which was getting me down.  This however means I can control my training program more and set about achieving my other goals.

So thats it really for now......

welcome!  Those seem like some tough goals (or at least they would be for me anyway).  I know nothing of crossfit so i have no idea what that means. diet's pretty important too.  I keep hearing a mantra around here that it is 80% of your success.  Gl and have fun.

Archived