Forums are back in action! ×

Long time coming!

Hi everyone,

I have been signed up with Nerd Fitness since last year, but this is the first time I am actually using it for what it was made for! I have loved reading all the articles (and still do) but have never participated and realised that I really need to. I live in Australia, married with 2 children (8 & 5). I am into my second yr of part time study with my Bachelor of Early childhood to become a kinder teacher, and I work in childcare full time. I have a lactose & fructose intolerace and slight wheat intolerace which you would think would make it easy to just give it all up and go mega heathly, but no & this is why I need to be here - Reason 1. Reason 2 - I do thai kickboxing twice a week and feel that I am not the right physic atm so need to work on some basic strength - so looking into weights. Reason 3 - each year I do a 10km run in the Melbourne marathon, last yr I did it in 1hr 10min (worst yet!) so need to get back into running and stamina training. Reason 4 - to meet people that will push me and keep me on track and help them do the same (what else could you ask for!) Should have done this last year and I have had heaps of help already and that has only been in the last day of really navigating my way round the site. So, I have started my "Daily purge" documenting what I eat each day to keep it real, starting the angry bird workout and looking into beginner weight training. Hopefully, I will start in the next challenge to really keep myself on track!

Leah

Archived