Forums are back in action! ×

I would like to join the rebellion!

Good evening! I've been checking out Nerd Fitness for a few weeks now. I landed on their blog by looking up fitness blogs on google reader. So I guess this is where I am supposed to share a little about me? Well...

I'm a 33 year old Electrician from Minnesota. I am married to a wonderful woman, and I currently have 3 children ages 8,6,&5. I may soon be adding 2 more through a family situation where we would foster 2 kids, ages 18 months and 8 months, with the intent to adopt them. 

I used to be into athletics until I was about 23 when I had a volleyball accident where I tore my ACL. I didn't get it fixed right away and quit exercising all together, problem being my diet got worse as well. I went from 180 pounds to my current weight of 248 pounds. I know that heart disease does run in my family, so I have decided that I need to lose this weight in order to live a long life. My biggest inspiration is my 6 year old little girl. She is my only daughter, and I have written out my primary goal to be there to walk her down the isle some day. 

I do have other goals to go along with my primary one that are more short term.

I will get down to 180 again, but my goal is 10 pound increments. 

I will get my blood pressure back into a healthy range.

I will improve my cholesterol levels (although my Dr. said I am still in a good range

I will actively play more with my kids

longer term: 

I will compete in my first bike race (I have found I love cycling)

I will become debt free within 3 years.

I will read 2 books a month that make me a better person

I will finish my college education and graduate with my bachelors degree spring of 2015

So there you have it. I am looking forward to meeting many of you, and continuing to be inspired by your stories. 

See you in the next challenge!!

I am a Star Wars freak. Love every movie, have watched it more times than I want to admit, once every 3 months I do a marathon of all 6 movies. Other nerdy stuff... Board games. Two of my favorites right now are Settlers of Catan and Ticket to ride. I am also in the process of learning chess with my 8 year old boy. 

Hey CKB3

I glad you enjoyed my post!  but I gotta say that Settler's of Catan ROCKS!  That's what the gaming table is for, beside the RPGs and 40K.  My husband does like to play ticket to ride with me anymore. Have you played BANG! (my husband's favorite) or Carcasonne?  Agricola that's a fun game too.  

Glad to have a fellow euro-board gamer here...

Commander Shepard - Female: I'm only slow because I'm not running! 

welcome! As someone else mentioned, the # on the scale isn't always correct.  Pants size is a good indicator since there's no number obsessing.  gl and have fun.  I'll be an adventurer with you as well for the upcoming 6-week challenge. 

Archived