Forums are back in action! ×

Now's a good time as any

Hi there! Recovering procrastinator here, ready to learn and gain a new lifestyle. I found out about this site from Devyn a week and a half ago, and since I was looking for a way to amp up my fitness, I dove right in and started my Paleo lifestyle on April 1st (my very first day of reading). The April Fools post nearly threw me off, but after I read "Fun Fit Squad" my BS meter went completely nuts.  :onthego:  Thank goodness that did not throw me off, so I'm here to say. Err... What else?

I'm a member of a Curves where I work out twice a week. My workout goal is to work out three times a week, and go up to every other day. I plan to incorporate the strength workouts here on the mornings of my Curves workout days. I haven't started them yet.

My weight goal is to return to fighting weight of 165 pounds (I haven't been that weight since I was 17, and I'm almost 32!) It may very well take over a year or two to reach that goal, since I have over 100 pounds to lose.

And I think I'll be joining the warrior group. My body, over the years of trying fitness, having some success and failing, has shown me (and I confirmed it here also) that excessive cardio is not for me. I gain muscle and strength, and lose weight fastest when I lift. I did Les Mills bodypump for a few months 3 years ago, and lost 30 pounds, then gained it back the next year. Now I've said enough is enough. I'm doing this!

So I'm here for support, to learn, and perhaps meet new people. I'll also need some advice in purchasing a food processor. Many of the paleo recipes call for it, and even though I've got great knife skills, I think this is a chance for me to level up in the kitchen. :peaceful: Which one do you guys own or use? 

Level 2 Fire elemental adventurerSTR 3.75|DEX 2|STA 3|CON 5|WIS 5.5|CHA 4

Challenge: LadyInRed's Cycle 2: Burn

Challenge: LadyInRed's Cycle 1: Rise

welcome!  I don't have a food processor so I can't comment on that.  I'm also part of the 100lb club just starting.  There have been a few huge weight loss success stories here.  The biggest deal is getting your diet under control. I'm starting as an adventurer since that's kind of like the 'newbie' class andthenI might go warrior too. 

Welcome to the Rebellion! I'm so happy that you made it here. You will find a ton of support and info here. Whenever you need it, just ask a question and there are so many knowledgeable people here to help you out!  Warriors are cool people! Strong people! You will do well there!  I'm so excited for you! You can tell from all the exclamation marks!

Level 17 Half Kender Assassin
XP 1700

welcome!  I don't have a food processor so I can't comment on that.  I'm also part of the 100lb club just starting.  There have been a few huge weight loss success stories here.  The biggest deal is getting your diet under control. I'm starting as an adventurer since that's kind of like the 'newbie' class andthenI might go warrior too. 

Thanks terosx. The stories inspired me. I know that I can do this, and the gaming approach just makes it all the more fun. I'm kinda split between assassin and warrior. I know I don't want to do parkour, but the ninja warrior thing intrigues me.

Is your diet paleo yet?

Welcome to the Rebellion! I'm so happy that you made it here. You will find a ton of support and info here. Whenever you need it, just ask a question and there are so many knowledgeable people here to help you out!  Warriors are cool people! Strong people! You will do well there!  I'm so excited for you! You can tell from all the exclamation marks!

Thanks Devyn! I look forward to participating here! I should probably stop bombarding you with questions, but thanks for being so gracious in answering them so far.

Level 2 Fire elemental adventurerSTR 3.75|DEX 2|STA 3|CON 5|WIS 5.5|CHA 4

Challenge: LadyInRed's Cycle 2: Burn

Challenge: LadyInRed's Cycle 1: Rise

Archived