Forums are back in action! ×

Ready to start Leveling up my Life

Hello Rebels!

I am so excited to be here! Allow me to introduce myself.

I am 33 years old, 5f 11in tall, happily married mother of 1 (19 mo girl). I work FT as a medical assistant for a local residency clinic.  I ended my pregnancy at a whopping 225 lbs (maybe more, I avoided scales and got on the scale backwards when forced at Dr. apts). I spent the next year hating myself and my body and indulging in a very unhealthy lifestyle. I stumbled on My Fitness Pal last September and lost 30# over the next 3 months just counting calories. I was encouraged to join the Y by  a coworker and joined in December. I started attending group exercise classes 3x a week with her, however having different roles at work, we had different schedules, at times working in different buildings, and it got difficult to do it together. I committed to the Total Body Sculpt (weight lifting and cardio) class at my local Y and have been attending M/W/F since January.

In February I added cardio T/TH with 30 mins on the elliptical and 20 mins swimming laps. Being a nerd, I spent a lot of time researching diet and exercise and I found NF. I subscribed and began lurking. I learned as much as I could about paleo/primal lifestyle and eating clean. I slowly transitioned my diet, avoiding fast food, processed foods, and pop (soda to some of you). In March I added Sat cardio workouts. One day, I realized the elliptical was not challenging and BORING so I decided to switch it up. I felt compelled to run and have started C25K 3 weeks ago

On April Fool's day, I read Steve's post with stark disbelief. I was so confused/upset that I didn't get the many references, and I couldn't comprehend why he would sell out like that, as it goes against everything he claimed to stand for! When I read he was going to charge for the forums and limit his posts b/c the average person wouldn't read that many words I was going to give up on NF. My loudest thought was why didn't I join when I had the chance?! I was very relieved when I read the following day's post and right then I knew I had to join. I spent this week learning how to set up/implement a D&D type character, with the help of my loving D&D experienced hubby, and together, we created my character.

I decided to go with the username e-Adora due to a childhood of tying beach blankets around my neck pretending it was a cape and I, a super hero, specifically She-Ra. I do feel like a super hero when I lift weights, or do chest presses, bicep curls, bent over rows, I love it. I'm learning to love running and have signed up for the Color Me Rad 5K on 5/25. I started a team (Cyanotic SOB) and am actively recruiting friends/family to join me.

Joining the rebellion is the next logical step and I am very looking forward to the next 6 week challenge and leveling up my life.

My next great challenge towards healthy is gaining control of my eating - planning and sticking to it so as to eat clean 80% of the time.

So that's my story. I look forward to the 6 week challenge, to getting to know you all, and doing whatever I can to help you reach your goals.

Level 3 Human Ranger

STR 3.2 STA 3.2   CON 7 DEX 2 WIS 7.5 CHA 4.5

Thanks for the reply. :nevreness: I will be a human adventurer, to start with. My hubby and I decided that would be the easiest start, and as I get more comfortable I will diverge my path as I see fit.

My goals for the next 6 week challenge are

1. Eat clean 80% of the time.

I will log my food at My fitness pal (MFP) with open to public diary for accountability. My idea of clean is no processed foods, no white sugar, no pop, very limited grains allowing oatmeal for now, very limited dairy.

I have been working towards this goal for the past 3 months, slowing changing eating habits and attitudes toward food. This challenge will be the motivation I need to finish it.

2. Stick to Training schedule.

Mon/Weds/Fri - Beginner body weight routine, modified to fit me

Tues/Thurs/Sat - C25K followed by Swimming Intervals - 120 yards freestyle, 40 Backstroke x3

I will log my exercise at MFP as well.

3. Be able to do 10 consecutive full push ups by end of week 6.

I can't even do on the knee push ups. Started doing push ups off a swiss ball at the waist last week, 3 sets of 20 done 2x last week. Have plan for progression week by week.

4. Life Goal - spend at least 2 hours a week with some form of in-law.

I spend very little time visiting with my kid's grandparent or either set of great grand parents. It's really sad to miss out on the time we have with them and I know they very much want to spend time with my daughter, my husband, and even myself. My in-laws are terribly draining ppl, we don't get along well, so I feel this is very much a challenge for me.

That's what I've been thinking. How about you?

Level 3 Human Ranger

I like the layout for your challenge. You're not going to hard to fast and that's really good. Welcome to the rebellion! Good luck to you and your husband! 

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

hi e-adora!

congratulations to getting all this done while working and being a mother! i liked reading your post and was wondering if you would like a trusty sidekick during the next challenge??

i am 45, german, eating the same kind of food you do, counting food at mfp, about to build up my own business as a socialworker. my goals are weightloss and a 5k on mai 4th. i have experimented with kickboxing (looove!) bodyweighttraining (grunt!) and pilates. so far i lost 20 kg and have about 25 more to lose.

you can find me in the introduction posts and at the scouts..

have a good start into the week and keep rocking with food and fitness! ;)

@sumdawgtwigg, Thank you, I worked hard on that. And good luck to you!

@Fearlesscreek, Thank you! I work very hard to do this. The only way I can is to get up at 4:30 am and to the Y by 5am. It makes for long days but I love the way I feel. I'd love to have a "sidekick"! Sounds great. It seems you've come far, as well, congrats to you! The scale and I are not friends, so I don't pay it any attention anymore. My ultimate goal is to complete a Spartan Sprint http://www.spartanrace.com/spartan-sprint-obstacle-course-race.html#. . That's the thought that keeps me coming back to the gym, day after day "I want be a Spartan".

Level 3 Human Ranger

the spartan race looks awsome!!! :) id loove to to one too! in germany we have something like it and to be part of it would be cool. ( "THIS IS SPAAAAAAARTAAAA")

im doing the 5. workout for my 5k today. thank god for the trainingplan.... otherwise i would talk myself into staying on the couch.

as to the scale: my body is changing visibly and still i weigh the same. im all for nsvs! gotta go while the sun is out... will be back later! lets do this!!! ;)

Archived