Forums are back in action! ×

Any guitar players?

I'm a newbie at everything it seems, playing guitar included. I've been playing for around 3 months and I'm still working on the basics. What about you guys?

Level 2 Gladiatrix-in-Training

Spartan Warrior 

STR 8; DEX 4; STA 4.75; CON 5; WIS 2.75; CHA 4.5

"A man must accept his fate, or be destroyed by it."

"Do or do not, there is no try."

I've been fiddling around for about 3 months now, I don't practice everyday like I should though...I'm terrible and doing the things I should on a regular basis. That's what I'm trying to change about myself so, I guess I'll practice now.

Lvl 1 Human Ranger

STR - 2  DEX - 2

STA - 2  CON - 3

WIS - 2  CHA - 4

"The slaughterhouse of failure is not my destiny."

I've been playing for about a year and a half, teaching myself.  However, I come from a piano background so I already understood music theory.  I've pretty much got the basics down, and learned a few more complicated songs too.  Ultimate-guitar has been great for learning new songs!

Human, Ranger

"I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition."

I've been playing since high school. I played classical in college, but I'm not very good at it. I mostly play at church. I don't practice very often anymore. I hit a plateau and just never got past it.

Level 1 Half-Elf Assassin
STR - 3 | DEX - 3 | STA - 2 | CON - 2 | WIS - 3 | CHA - 2

This life sentence that I'm serving, I admit that I am every bit deserving,
But the beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair. --- RelientK

I have been playing for....8...9 years? And this has become an occasional thing now. It's depressing really as I used to LOVE it so much I played all day every day! Have you gotten past the awkward feeling of bending your fingers on the fret board? Also, have you considered looking into learning some songs that you love, just to make it a little more fun and help you learn some new tricks while doing so? I highly recommend using ultimate-guitar.com for a lot of awesome free tabs to help you learn :tongue:

Yes, I have the UG app to get tabs and stuff but since I listen to mostly heavy metal and gothic rock and I only have an acoustic right now, I'm having some trouble finding stuff :L  I've learnt some basic chord strumming stuff like Lana Del Rey, some acoustic Marilyn Manson and the Harry Potter  and Game of Thrones themes but that's about it :)

Spartan Warrior 

My kind of music right there! You can definitely learn it on acoustic though. Yes it will sound much different, but you will also hear your mistakes and see what you need to correct much easier. Maybe throw in some Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Beethoven, the likes? Acoustic seems very limiting, but you can make some pretty awesome stuff with it! I actually miss my acoustic :( haha. This  is my current beauty that I have been using for the past 4 years now (:

Wow that is one sexy ass guitar. I'm getting an electric today, Hopefully a J5 Telecaster but we shall see!

Spartan Warrior 

Archived