Forums are back in action! ×

Viruses=ELIMINATED!!!!

So some of you may have noticed that I haven't been on the last week. That's because my computer got a virus, and I had to go out of town before I could fix it. When I returned, my computer was overloaded with viruses to the point of being unusable. The damage wasn't that bad, because I had installed Avast before I left for the week. Well, tonight I did a scan, and it found OVER ONE-HUNDRED AND FORTY INFECTED FILES!!!! I was overwhelmed. But, as I said earlier, I have Avast! I deleted the infected files, the did a boot scan and found a few more, and delted them. Now all the viruses are gone, and I AM A WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!

Nerd? We prefer the term INTELLECTUAL BADASS!!!

w00t for no viruses! That was a ton of infected files. I had a similar experience a few weeks ago when I downloaded an awesome program called Malwarebyte's Anti Malware, which totally sounds like spyware but isn't. Finally my computer works properly again. No more blue screens, randomly changing from a Windows Vista theme to a Windows 98 theme, or turning off by itself.

ugh. They really should teach proper computer hygiene in middle school, right along with how to shower yourself. (Who really needs to hear the latter from their school teacher, anyway...)

I got a really nasty virus once that copied itself at startup; that was when I learned about Safe Mode. God bless Google Tech Support.

The only trouble with some anti-virus programs is they can be a little too trigger-happy. Before I removed the "trial" copy of Norton that came with my current laptop, it flagged and ate a benign .exe program I had downloaded on purpose.

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.