Forums are back in action! ×

New and failing at Netiquette

I was all super excited and ambition driven to catch the last week of the February 25 - April 8 Challenge!!!.... that I forgot to say hi in the introduction forum.

*face palm*

Either way, I'm a Physics major. (was Electrical engineering, switched. I keep being told I joined the dark side.)  I've been overweight for who knows how long. I know at the end of middle school I was 220, and that at the end of high school I was 310.  I somehow lost 60 lbs in the first years of college and just plateaued. (I'm assuming walking a lot and a drastic change in diet caused that one.)

My sister stumbled upon Nerd Fitness at one point and sent me the link, thinking I would appreciate it.  I've been reading the articles and lurking the forums for a while.  I'd started out attempting to Walk to Mordor.  That one fizzled out, but somehow the people that told me "No, YOU can walk to the restaurant. I'll drive." have switched to "Let's go out to lunch, I want to go for a walk."  Still wasn't loosing much, and this past Lent, I figured I'd give paleo a try.  What did I have to lose?  APPARENTLY, I had a lot to loose. All of my new skinny jeans.... falling off.  Even the weight of a cell phone will cause them to hit the floor.   And on top of that, I have more energy than I know what to do with now. (and a brain that is working much better too) So... bring on the challenges!

Glad to meet you all!

===========================================

Level 1 Undead Dwarf Adventurer

STR:  3   DEX:  1   STA: 2    CON: 4.375   WIS: 6.75   CHA: 1

===========================================

Inventory

Fire Flower Power Up

Glad to see you are succeeding. The challenges are a good way to keep that momentum going.

Running goal - Dopey Challenge 2015

Training to complete an Ironman by 2017. I can swim .5, bike 112, and run 26.2, separately.

Buckland Hobbit, Level 4 Scout

STR 10.25 | DEX 6 | STA 12.75 | CON 8 | WIS 9.75 | CHA 5.75

Archived