Forums are back in action! ×

New Rebel from Colorado!

Hello All!

I have been checking out this site off and on for sometime now.  Nearly started a challenge back in November, though I never did and now wish I had.  Looking forward to the challenge starting next week.

My high schools days were spent reading Muscle and Fitness, I've done sometime in a Crossfit box, until they raised their rates out of my price range, I have even done a stint on the Paleo diet, and did not stick with it.

I am joining the Rebellion now for the community and to build upon and possibly share what knowledge I do have.  

I look forward to getting to know you all! 

Ryan (Adipaw)

Adipaw

Level 1 - Celt, Ranger at Heart, training with the Adventurers

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 2.5 | WIS 3 | CHA 2.5

Good question Terosx.

In the past I have not been very good at setting goals.  These four goals are my main goals, the reasons I am getting involved with NF!  My Challenge goals may vary slightly.  Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Goal #1:  Get active!  My goal is to work out 5 time for 45-60 minutes per week, 3 weights and 2 cardio.  I have not decieded if I will start the SL 5x5, Riptoe's Starting Strength, or base my workouts on body weight routines.  For cardio I plan on using the Concept 2 rower and using the daily routines from Concept 2.

Goal #2:  Focus on nutrition!  Heart disease and diabetes run in my family.  I am currently tracking what I eat to monitor sodium intake and reduce red meat in my diet to improve my high blood pressure.  My goal is to eventually eat as paleo as possilbe.

Goal #3:  Improve Discipline.  This may tie in to number #1 since getting to the gym will require disciline, however, I am determined to imprive my discipline throught my life; in work, finances, etc.

Goal #4:  Get family and friends involved.  I would love for my wife to get involved and start doing some heavy lifting.  I think she would really like it and could really amaze herself with what she could eventually lift. 

Adipaw

Level 1 - Celt, Ranger at Heart, training with the Adventurers

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 2.5 | WIS 3 | CHA 2.5

Nice.  Just so you know, the more specific your goals are, the better off you are since it is chartable progress.  Like for #2, 'reduce red meat' and 'eventually' is vague.  Reduce it to what?  twice a day? twice a week? within a year go paleo? within 3 months?

Like if you drank soda; you might drink 5 cans a day.  And your short term goal would be-

for 1 week to reduce it to 4 cans a day.  Then next week 3 cans a day, ect.  I wasn't specific enough in my goals at first either but then I gave this a quick read:

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/01/03/how-to-not-suck-at-goal-setting/

gl and have fun.

Archived