Forums are back in action! ×

Learning to crawl

Hi everyone ^.^ I'm new to the rebellion and wanted totals a few minutes to say hi. Also I apologize for the novel, I'm really long winded.

I'm currently living one the beautiful sunny island of okinawa Japan, am 25 years old, the forever college student (at least it feel like it), and new mom to my 8month old benevolent overlord Mr. Squiggles.

I have always been slightly overweight, and mildly active. Then I got pregnant. 9months of mostly sickness and exhaustion and then another 4 months of complications and illnesses really beat down any will and desire I had to be fit and active.

About 2 months ago I decided to start making some major changes to my diet, mostly because I don't want mr.squiggle to grow up eating the same crap i did as a kid. Nothing drastic, just more whole grains, no pop, a few veggies that I can stomach, and less chocolate.

So now my squiggle is learning to crawl. It's more like an elbow/ worm scoot but he's trying. That's my motivation. If he can build the muscles to learn to crawl and soon walk as a baby, then I can learn to run.

My goal is to be able to run a 5k with my husband. He is supportive, but does not truly know what it feels like to be out of shape or not eat what ever and still be healthy and fit.

So I'm going to sign up for the next challenge. Still working out my goals, but I excited. I'm glad to find a place to stay motivated.

Welcome home Ennalia - well at least I hope u will feel here like at home - if u enjoy nerdiness and supportive group of people, there is no better place to track your yourney to healthy and active body and mind :)

Leah said it - this program is well designed to help everyone (no matter where u are now) get to 5k run. You just need selfdiscipline and patience and u will do it.

Good luck and be carefull with challenges - if you do them right - you might get addicted :P

Elf Druid - Level 8         looking around for happiness || tracking || #intro || #old

"Most people think they’ll feel good once they reach some goal. By linking happiness to something you don’t have yet, you denying yourself the power to create it in the moment. Your happiness is your birth right. It shouldn’t depend on you ACHIEVING something. Start by claiming it and using it to make your journey fun all the way and not just at the end." S.Chandler

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy" G. Apollinaire

Archived