Forums are back in action! ×

Just ran a 5K. Without stopping once.

TheRedWriter

Hey guys.

I've been training using the C25K iOS application for the past several months.  I'm thrilled to report that I completed the course of training, and I completed my very first 5K non-stop run in a little over 30 minutes on my lunch at work today.

My immediate focus now is to jump on the 10K trainer.  

Life is grand, everyone.  Don't give up on what you want, ever, no matter how difficult those goals may become to achieve.  Enjoy the challenge, and remember; the more difficult the challenge, the more achievements you have to show when finished.

I'll see you at the finish line; cheers!

~ Ben, "The Red Writer" Cheek.

TheRedWriter

Level 3 Doppelganger Ranger
"Think not that you have to win. Think instead that you do not have to loose."
STR 8|DEX 4.5|STA 11|CON 6|WIS 6.5|CHA 5

Just to avoid putting up two, "Woot!" Posts in one day, one after another, I'll also throw in that when I measured my pants size two days ago, I have lost 7 inches off my waist, and I'm comfortably wearing a size 36 mens pants now.  

I literally do not own a single pair of pants that fits me any longer.  I pretty much wear my comfy workout shorts all the time.

Funny enough, I'm almost more excited about that then the 5K.  =D

TheRedWriter

Thanks a bunch, guys!

I'm running in the "Superhero 5K" in Sacramento, CA in June, and I'm considering some other runs happening around the area as well.

Cheers!

TheRedWriter

Congrats Red! That's a huge accomplishment. I wish I was here for the run, but I won't be.

Good luck with it.

Level 3 - Half-Elf Warrior, STR - 5 | DEX - 1 | STA - 6 | CON - 5.5 | WIS - 3.5 | CHA - 5

I know where I'm going, and I know the truth, and I don't have to be what you want me to be. I'm free to be what I want. ~  Ali

Previous Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

I'm jealous. I still tend to take a few pace break. I'd be curious to see how you do in an official 5k. I trained with the C25K app and did meh, but once I got to my first, actual 5k, I dominated my best time by 3 minutes. I can only attribute it to adrenaline... each person I passed, I mentally said "Theres another person I'm going to finish ahead of."

A 5k on my lunch sounds like I'd vomit. Big kudos to you :)

Level 2 Wood Elf. Druid at Heart, Training With the RangersSTR 7|DEX 3|STA 9|CON 5.5|WIS 5.75|CHA 3.5

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/30484-gilfrens-grab-at-great-gams/?hl=gilfren]Challenge Thread

Archived