Forums are back in action! ×

Oh hey Rebellion,

I have been reading NerdFitness for a little bit of time now, and I have loved it! I actually have loved it so much that I have decided to just join the community and see what happens.

Just as a quick intro, I'm a nerd who is graduating from my master's program like, in three weeks. I have a pretty decent workout routine and I am starting P90X for the third time, hopefully the second time I actually finish it :P

I am looking into getting into trail running and I have a feeling the rebellion will have some tips for me. I would like to be able to continue to do strength training as I prep for trail running.

Any tips on trail running prep?

I figure this is a good starting place to get such advice :P

Thanks guys, cannot wait to get more involved with the community.

Eric Pete!

Welcome aboard! I'm a street runner but there are tons of people here that will have some tips for you on trail running! Good luck with everything! 

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

Put some shoes on and go outside. Seriously, just start running. There is nothing special/secret about trail running. Go slow on the down hills until you find your balance. Find a local running group to go with. They will know what trails are good to start with and what trails to be more careful on.

Running goal - Dopey Challenge 2015

Training to complete an Ironman by 2017. I can swim .5, bike 112, and run 26.2, separately.

Buckland Hobbit, Level 4 Scout

STR 10.25 | DEX 6 | STA 12.75 | CON 8 | WIS 9.75 | CHA 5.75

Archived