Forums are back in action! ×

Crazy Before/After Photos from my 1st 6 week challenge

hearthsinger

Congrats - this is friggin awesome.  You're an inspiration for me - keep up the good work.  

I guess maybe its time to take some damn pictures...

Aww! I'm so glad I could lend some inspiration. I took some before pictures from 250 lbs and I hated doing it so much that I stopped, but I TRULY recommend biting back the nerves and doing it because now when I look back at just how far I've come... it sort of blows my mind. Still debating on whether to put these on my blog... but I think I might because you guys have been so supportive and so many people have expressed that it's convincing them to do the same and to work hard on their goals and that's all I want! I want us all to succeed and to find solace in each other when we struggle. :) That's the best part about this community!

I find morning workouts/runs are my best friend - I get cramps if I eat before I workout, and I love being guilt and worry free for the day.

It helps that dad tries to drag me out, too. XD

Oooh, thank you! I'll read it right after I reply. :3

Ha ha, if there's humour and a bit of acceptable flailing then that might make it worth it! What's the worst that can happen? (Aside from smacking some innocent bystander in a haze of fear...) Ha ha!

EDIT: Read it. Convinced. I should buy it. I may have to upgrade my iOS before I do, though.

Also, can I just say you're fucking inspiring?! Like, hell yes, inspiring. I think I have a lady crush. <3

Awesome! I'm glad I could help. I'm all about Lady Crushes. I have a few of my own on these forums. There are some damn fine women on here, inside and out. ::snuggles:: <3

Really inspiring! Thanks for posting it here, too :)

Thank YOU for the support! I never imagined people would have this kind of reaction.  :redface:

High five! You look awesome, great work!

Aw thanks! I'm feeling good (also sore after my 4 mile Zombies, Run training yesterday!), but I'm gearing up for timing my first 5k run.

To the root of the woot, outstanding!!!! 

Definitely going to have to steal that phrase! Epic :) 

This is a phenomenial way to show 10 lbs doesn't mean almost anything- look at how much your body has changed- even though you "only lost" ten pounds.

I want almost everyone who wants to "lose weight" to finally see/realize this.

Because THIS THIS THIS is what it's all about.

Congrats to you- this is really inspiring- thank you for being brave enough to share!!! 

I struggle so much with obsessing over numbers and what you're saying really struck home with these pictures. Yeah, numbers are one way of measuring things, but you should have as many as you can. Photos, scale, measurements, and physical goals you can progress towards. That way, if one let's you down, you can always turn to the next to find some evidence of progress that will keep you going! Thanks for reminding me of that. :)

Hearthsinger the Wandering Bard

Level 4 Halfling Ranger

STR 9 | DEX 7 | STA 12 | CON 11 | WIS 8 | CHA 9

"You are what you do. You can re-create yourself every second of your life." -Xena

Read my blog at Project Reroll. | FitBit | Current Challenge | Previous Challenges: 1st 2nd 3rd

Awesome.  Really, really great results.  Congratulations and keep up the good work.

Thanks! I'm definitely planning some challenging goals for the next challenge... soooooooooo ::teeth chatter in terror:: I'm hoping I can bolster myself to face another 6 weeks of hard work and dedication!

You are amazing.  Thank you for sharing, it makes me want to work hard too!

Do it! We make our own goals after all. We can make them as challenging or attainable as we want. It's always good to find a balance!

Yowzer!  You are an inspiration, girl.  I hope my next challenge's before and after pix look half as amazing.

Awww, you're too kind! My inspiration comes from the folks in this community and it's an honor to hear that other people are inspired by little old me. :) 

Wow. Another challenge or two like this and to the hall of heroes with you!

Ha! Do they have punch and pie? I heard there would be punch and pie.

Woot Woot!!! Nice work!

Thanks!

Wow, talk about dominating your challenge!!!  That progress is amazing!!!  :D

I'm still bummed about my logo, which is silly! BUT I am definitely happy about everything else :) 

seriously you look amazing. you look more like 20 pounds less than 9 pounds. sounds like you really stuck to your goals, good work. wowowoww!

I really must have put on some muscle at some point... I don't know how! I was only doing yoga once a week. I guess I won't question it! Heehee!

Hearthsinger the Wandering Bard

Level 4 Halfling Ranger

STR 9 | DEX 7 | STA 12 | CON 11 | WIS 8 | CHA 9

"You are what you do. You can re-create yourself every second of your life." -Xena

Read my blog at Project Reroll. | FitBit | Current Challenge | Previous Challenges: 1st 2nd 3rd

Archived