Forums are back in action! ×

Where to begin...

Hi, I just discovered this site and like what I reading so far. 

My name's Jon but online I go by 20tw3nty or Chwith. I've been trying to shed weight for a while now. Successfully at first but then it all goes to hell. My problem isn't know how. I know what to do, how to eat, how to exercise and work out. My biggest issue is motivation. Getting sufficient amounts of it to spur me to action (which I now have) and keeping it. And I'm trying to find a way to make it stick.

Currently I'm in the neighborhood of 375. I figure that I'm going to need to drop 100+ pounds to get to the size I want to be and it's... comforting (for lack of a better word) to see that I'm not alone

"The important thing is this: to be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become." Charles Du Bos

Workout mix: F.I.D.O.

My Blog: Fully of my ramblings and progress reports.

Welcome Jon - this site is great. Motivation is tough especially when life gets busy/hard/crazy. I had way bad hypertension and still wasn't motivated until some strokes in the family and they are younger than me. Didn't want to be next so I've used that as my main motivator. Funny thing is I have the know how like you and literally a full gym at home and strongman equipment outside. My oldest has been lifting since he was 9 1/2 plus he and his friend go running and do sprints so maybe I have passed something good on. I just have to do my part.

You are definitely not alone. As terrormortus said encouragement here at NF.

Thanks for the greetings and encouragement. I'm already planning to join the challenge next week. Warrior class (I'm a lummox ;) )

I've known for a long time that my problems with motivation are of my own design. From reading the articles here I now know that I was over reaching and need to scal back on what I'm doing. I'm going to keep it simple and work on a couple of things at a time. 

I look forward to sharing successes with you all. 

"The important thing is this: to be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become." Charles Du Bos

Workout mix: F.I.D.O.

My Blog: Fully of my ramblings and progress reports.

Hi Jon! I'm new here too! Getting motivated is very difficult! Some things that help me are thinking about the way you are going to feel after a workout, putting up tons of pics that inspire me to want to look and feel better. It's different for everyone though I guess. 

I do know how hard it is though! Good luck in your journey!! :)

Level 1 Adventurer

STR 2 | DEX 1 | STA 2 | CON 4 | WIS 3 | CHA 3

"Do something today that your future self with thank you for!"

Archived