Forums are back in action! ×

Not new, but back!

Hi everyone!!

I'm not new here, but it's been about a year since I logged in to the community..  I know.. I'm an ass..

This past January I finally got serious about leveling up my life.  At 42, I decided I'd rather be invincible than a heart attack victim!  I'd learned lots over the past couple years, had a few false starts, but it was time finally to commit.  As of the other day, I've shrank from 202lbs down to 177lbs.  Eating fairly clean (I still have my vices) and lifting heavy things.  What an empowering feeling!

It's almost time to go shopping, as most of my stuff doesn't fit well anymore!

I must admit, it's also nice to be strong for once.  I went from being winded and being sore from doing body weight squats to my current PR of 250lbsx5.  Later today I'm gonna mess around and see what my 1RM is..  Wish me luck!  I also didn't even know what a deadlift was 3 months ago, and that's up to 225lbsx5. 

So it's time to stop hiding in the shadows and get involved in the community that has helped me so much!

Bring on the next 6 week challenge!  It's time to do everything in my power to hit sets of 10 pull-ups now!  (I'm currently at 2...)

Hardy

If you use Fitocracy, look me up - NukemHardy

Well done!!! Sounds like your making great progress 25 pounds is a lot of weight! Great to know you haven't given up on yourself either ;) Jealous of your pull up range...can't even do one hahaha! Something I'll be working on lol. Best of luck to you! Keep us updated :). Also there's nothing better than needing smaller clothes! x 

Archived