Forums are back in action! ×

Hi from Melbourne, Australia

I've been lurking around NerdFitness.com and this forum for a few months now, and thought it would only be polite to say hello and thanks for all the advice you people have here - it's really helped me get going again on my journey to fitness. In the not-too-distant future I will be able to: walk my kids to school and back (2km); carry the groceries up the 10 steps from my car to the house without struggling; play tag and have the kids call it quits first; and be if not faster than my 12 year old son, at least able to keep up with him. Little things like that would improve my life considerably, but my big dream is to be able to do the 'Great Victorian Bike Ride' - 9 days, 600-700km - like I did when I was 15.

This also counts as my 'something that scares me' for today - I've lurked on many forums, but this is the first one I've joined. Thanks for being such a nice bunch, I can press submit with only moderately sweaty palms. :)