Forums are back in action! ×

Howdy from Northern California

Howdy folks. Been a reader of NF for awhile now, and figured I'd take some time to introduce myself.

I'm a 29 year-old shipping manager who used to have one of those crazy awesome metabolisms that let me eat whatever I wanted without gaining a single pound (I was 6'2 and 165 lbs in my senior year of high school). However, as I got older my metabolism slowed to a crawl while my eating habits remained unchanged.

I tried in the past to lose weight, and met with some success a couple of years ago; dropping from 235 to 197 in about 6 months. Sadly, I fell off the wagon after an injury and getting reintroduced to WoW, and gained the whole thing back over the next year.

So here I am, wanting to get the fat off, and this time for good.

Implied Actionâ„¢ - A blog about my journey towards fitness.

Howdy Firebrand, and welcome to the Rebellion!

Wow can be incredibly detrimental toward anything non-Wow related. Trust me, as a former addict I have been there.

Depending on your end game goals, you can usually fit in push ups, squats or dips in between wipes, waiting for buffs, or waiting for people to run back.

"She turned me into a newt!"

"A newt?"

"I got better..."

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/NFPlex

That's NFPlex.

WoW is the healthkiller. I've been clean 2 years now, but I still crave it sometimes when my roommates play. Do you still play it? At the least, dump the chair. Either kneel with your hisp straight (on a towel or soemthing for padding), get one of those bouncy exercise balls, or even stand, and you'll instantly improve your health, I promise.

So, what do you want to do? Are you a runner, a lifter, a climber, a whatever-seems-cool-at-the-time-er?

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

"There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength." - Henry Rollins

Thanks for the warm reception.

I've more or less quit WoW entirely. I raided in the evenings, which meant that I almost always skipped cooking dinner and got fast food instead (terrible), and then our raids finished so late that I was too tired to work out. Removing that obstacle gave me a huge block of free time that lets me cook proper, healthy meals, as well as work out.

I started P90X a couple of weeks ago, but my body was in such bad shape that I wasn't able to really do it all that well. I started up Power 90 instead so that I could get my fitness level back to at least the basic level to pass P90X's fitness test.

Implied Actionâ„¢ - A blog about my journey towards fitness.

Hey there -

I just noticed that we both have the same subject line, so I thought I'd come over and say Hi. ('Howdy' is a more popular greeting in our neck of the woods than I thought!) I sympathize with the WoW addiction. My personal downfall has been a combination of Gunsmoke reruns and Jack Reacher novels. And Diet Coke. And snicker bars. And Jack in the Box Supreme Croissants (extra tater tots, please). And, you know, it's cold outside.

"Enthusiasm is the great hill-climber." - Elbert Hubbard
Human Adventurer

I want to be fit and healthy so I can explore and enjoy all the beauty the outdoor world has to offer, in all kinds of weather, all the days of my life.

2024 Battle Log2023 Battle Log2022 Battle Log2021 Battle Log2020 Battle Log2019 Battle Log2018 Battle Log2017 Battle Log2016 Battle Log

Hey, I just noticed that. I was a "howdy"er back in my intro, too! I can't be certain, but I'm pretty sure it means we're awesome.

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

Alethea, you kill me girl. You know, when I first saw the identifier above your avatar, I thought it said "Super Model"! Yeah, talk about awesome!

"Enthusiasm is the great hill-climber." - Elbert Hubbard
Human Adventurer

I want to be fit and healthy so I can explore and enjoy all the beauty the outdoor world has to offer, in all kinds of weather, all the days of my life.

2024 Battle Log2023 Battle Log2022 Battle Log2021 Battle Log2020 Battle Log2019 Battle Log2018 Battle Log2017 Battle Log2016 Battle Log

Hah! Other concerns aside, I am FAR too short to be a supermodel. Plus, I hear the pay is good, but the company likely isn't to my taste.

Also, I am a fashion disaster.

- Seneca, 63 AD