Forums are back in action! ×

I finished the Couch 2 5k training program!

Yes, I did! I finished yesterday.

It did take 3 months instead of 9 weeks LOL but I did it. Hard to believe that when I started I could barely finish the one-minute interval sessions, and now, only a short time later, I can run for 30 minutes.

This is especially amazing when I reflect on all the things I have put in place to support finishing this program - I have integrated exercise time into my weekly schedule, I have learned and practiced dynamic stretching, good posture and breathing, I have worked to improve and maintain the running trail on my property, I have spent hours trying on shoes and have improved my overall quality of life through the purchase of two good pairs of running shoes. I have enjoyed a guaranteed time to listen to podcasts or audio books - the more I run, the farther I get in my book LOL.

YAY! for c25k

Now to keep up the running now that the training program is over...

Level 1 Earth Mother Druid 

STR-2 DEX-1 STA-3 CON-3 WIS-3 CHA-3

That is really awesome! A truly great accomplishment, congratulations! Are you planning on running any 5k's or anything like that?

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

Congrats, Gem - I remember how it felt when I finished C25K last year! Working on Bridge To 10 K now - 5 more weeks to running 10K in an hour. Keep it going!

[Vader breathing/James Earl Jones voice]

"Join me... it is your destiny!"

[/Vader breathing/JEJ voice]

Just finished Week 6 this morning.

Good work! I really enjoy the interval running more than the long runs, and I have gone back and repeated a few of the week 6ish 10 min interval runs.

That is really awesome! A truly great accomplishment, congratulations! Are you planning on running any 5k's or anything like that?

I don't know - although I can run for 30 mins it is definitely not 5K lol. I need to find a really ssslllllooooowwww partner to run with me.

Congrats, Gem - I remember how it felt when I finished C25K last year! Working on Bridge To 10 K now - 5 more weeks to running 10K in an hour. Keep it going!

[Vader breathing/James Earl Jones voice]

"Join me... it is your destiny!"

[/Vader breathing/JEJ voice]

Damn you Vader! I had decided that I wasn't going to go into the 10K training, but since you mentioned it I have a sudden urge to go browse in the Dark Side (i.e. app store).

Level 1 Earth Mother Druid 

STR-2 DEX-1 STA-3 CON-3 WIS-3 CHA-3

I don't know - although I can run for 30 mins it is definitely not 5K lol. I need to find a really ssslllllooooowwww partner to run with me.

Yeah I can run a 5k but I have to run at a pretty slow pace. I'm planning on doing warrior dash with 2 friends this summer, so that'll be fun.

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!