Forums are back in action! ×

<Vader Voice>NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!</Vader Voice>

My local YMCA is doing cutbacks w/r to classes. This INCLUDES my "G.I.T. Fit" class which will be dropping to 2 days a week effective TODAY. Note that it is the SAME price as the 4/days a week was.

So NOW I get to decide....

1. Do two days a week and truck through manually on those days when there is no WoD (and scare the hell out of people at the Y's Gym)

2. Do two days a week and see if I can get a special rate for 1/day a week at a normal CF box

3. Just start doing a regular CF box from now on and pay through the nose

This is SO FRUSTRATING!!!

Curses! That's no fun at all.

My initial reaction is to say go for a regular Crossfit box, but I say that as someone that gets a discount via profession and is locked into a lower rate anyway from being an early signee. So, I can only imagine the sticker shock jumping right into a regular place.

I assume you used some specialized gear during your classes? Would you be able to access it outside of class? If you have access to some of the more specialized gear, you could always pick a random crossfit gym, or the main site, and follow thier published WODs.

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." --GK Chesterton

Domine, non sum dignus ut intres sub tectum meum, sed tantum dic verbo et sanabitur anima mea...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jbaileysewell

Nah, none of it was specialized: barbells, jump boxes, track, kettlebells - everything that they have in the weightroom.

The #1 choice, is the "do it in the gym and scare the 'normals' by following a published WoD"

I've suspected this day was going to be coming. I am going to go and check out Master K's CF Box tonight - she set it up to let me battle "Darth Cindy" there. However, I'm afraid if I end up going to one, I won't do it at THAT one because of distance. It would be easier (and slightly cheaper) to do it at this one.