Forums are back in action! ×

Heya from NW Indiana!

Hi! My name is Trisha. I've recently joined the Rebellion after stalking around for a while! :)

A little history about myself:

Six years ago I had bariatric surgery. It was a drastic move by someone who was severly depressed and seeking the love of her then husband. I lost about 75 pounds then and then when I realized losing weight wasn't going to get me the love I wanted, I plateau'd and stayed there for the next five years. Last year something lit a fire under my ass and I've dropped a total of 125 pounds now. I have about 75 more I want to lose, but I've had a really hard time in the past six months. Lack of motivation, adjusting to living with my boyfriend and other stresses has had me in a period of slow progress. Over the last summer, I trained for a 5k. I ran the whole thing, slowly, but I ran it. Just 2 weeks ago I walked a 10k.

I realized, I don't like running. Sure, I loved doing the training program, but it wasn't because of the runs, it was because I had a clearcut goal in front of me and each day that I completed the workout/goal, I felt great!

When the new Rebel Strength Guide was announced, I knew it was what I had been looking for. Give him six weeks? I could do that, easy peasy!

Today, I bought it and started digging in. Tonight, I did the workout. I might be sore tomorrow, but I feel great!

I look forward to following everyone's progress and sharing my own with everyone!

STR 5 * DEX 5.5 * STA 12.5 * CON 7.75 * WIS 7.75 * CHA 3

My Fitness Pal

Welcome to the rebellion.

Congratulations on your weight loss, you've made amazing progress.

Glad you're enjoying the strength guide, I'm very tempted to get a copy, it looks really good.

Level 0 Pixie

"The cure for anything is salt water - tears, sweat or the sea" - Isak Dinesen

Thanks!

I'm familiarizing myself with everything before the "official contest start" next week. I did the body weight workout Monday night with my son. My legs and abs are delightfully sore. :) Eating a paleo diet won't be too hard for me, I've basically been limiting my grain intake anyway, just because I have always felt better on a higher protein diet. So far, so good! I'll keep everyone posted on my progress through it!

STR 5 * DEX 5.5 * STA 12.5 * CON 7.75 * WIS 7.75 * CHA 3

My Fitness Pal

Welcome! Good luck to you in the challenge coming up, you're going to be amazed at yourself!

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

"There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength." - Henry Rollins