Forums are back in action! ×

Do any of you plan to compete in fitness or bodybuilding shows

i don't... but my goal is performance.

i have no desire to ever get my bodyfat low enough to do bodybuilding competitions.

(ok, or the desire to actually do the competitions either :) )

I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

Nah, unless you consider Crossfit competitions to be a fitness show. Gyms will regularly hold "throwdowns", where they invite/challenge other boxes to visit their facility and run though a couple workouts and see who boasts the best athletes, but they're really more about going and meeting folks and having fun. Those, I'll continue doing when I can.

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." --GK Chesterton

Domine, non sum dignus ut intres sub tectum meum, sed tantum dic verbo et sanabitur anima mea...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jbaileysewell

Nope, don't really have any desire to get that much muscle. Also not very competitive.

Much prefer stuff like yoga and climbing, hoping to take up a martial art and parkour as I get fitter. The things I like tends to be about beating your former self rather than other people.

The only competitions I can ever possibly see myself competing in are martial arts ones, but that is a very long way off and far from certain.

Level 0 Pixie

"The cure for anything is salt water - tears, sweat or the sea" - Isak Dinesen

Nah, unless you consider Crossfit competitions to be a fitness show. Gyms will regularly hold "throwdowns", where they invite/challenge other boxes to visit their facility and run though a couple workouts and see who boasts the best athletes, but they're really more about going and meeting folks and having fun. Those, I'll continue doing when I can.

see, i would do performance type competitions like that... as some of you guys know, i may or may not be very competitive ;)

but couldn't do the body image fitness stage type things... just not my style.

I know a few people who do them, and they love it, but its a totally different type of thing.

I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

I'd challenge my friends to an obstacle course for the fun of it, if one were available. I'm also eyeballing a potential job application that involves a strenuous fitness test (which I'm pretty sure is competitive).

But formal bodybuilding competition? Not interested. I'm not even convinced that's a real sport. It's like beauty pageants but for muscles, right?

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Oh, it's a sport. Very much so. There's actually a lot of technique that goes into the poses, and the routines will drain you more than any workout. It's pretty ridiculous, actually, what kind of laser-focus you need in the weeks leading up to the event and the night itself.

I have no interest in it myself, and find the whole thing off-putting, but it is most definitely an intense athletic event, and I gotta respect their discipline and self-control, mentally and physically.

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." --GK Chesterton

Domine, non sum dignus ut intres sub tectum meum, sed tantum dic verbo et sanabitur anima mea...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jbaileysewell