Forums are back in action! ×

Quick Skyrim Question

Teros

I found a series of skyrim mods for the pc and when I originally played skyrimon the 360 I really liked it.  I was considering buying skyrim.  However, since I'm going to be using a lot of mods I might have to uninstall/reinstall a lot. 

So I was wondering, does the pc version of skyrim have any drm bs on it?  Is there a limitied number of installs? Does it require online? Thanks to anyone that can help. Debating on getting skyrim for myself as a reward for finishing the next 6 week challenge if I do well.

Well I do have skyrim, I've installed, uninstalled,reinstalled it a ton of times and used many mods..but the thing is I torrented it (mighty admin gods, don't ban me if I'm not supposed to say that, I really like it here) and well I've had no issues. Preliminary googling online doesn't show anyone running into a max number of limited installs or anything along those lines BUT i did see a few threats where people were talking about skyrim needing steam and an internet connection.

I've got Skyrim via Steam, and Steam seems to support the installation and (presumably) de-installation of mods.  I've never really played around with them myself... enough to do in the game as it was!

Level 4 Human Adventurer / Level 4 Scout, couch to 5k graduate, six time marathon finisher.

Spoiler

Current 5k Personal Best: 22:00 / 21:23 / 21:13 / 21:09 / 20:55 / 20:25 (4th July 17)

Current 5 mile PB: 36:41 35:27 34:52 (10th May 17)

Current 10k PB: 44:58 44:27 44:07 44:06 43:50 (29th June 17)

Current Half Marathon PB: 1:41:54 1:38:24 1:37:47 1:37:41 (14th June 15)

Current Marathon PB: 3:39:34 3:29:49 (10th April 16)

I haven't used any mods yet as I'm sure my laptop would complain heavily, but seeing as Steam has the workshop for Skyrim, and those videos you get on youtube with people reviewing 5 mods a week after having tested many more, I would assume there are no issues with installing lots of mods, or we would've heard a lot more about it. :)

Level 2 Gnome adventurerSTR 3|DEX 3|STA 5|CON 8|WIS 11|CHA 3

Challenge 2

Archived