Forums are back in action! ×

Hi guys, My name is Robert.

I've been getting info from NF for awhile but just figured I'd check out the forums now. 

I'm a 32 year old runner from the Houston area. I've been running about 2 years & it's totally changed my life. I lost 40 pounds, quit taking antidepressants, and just improved on all aspects of life.

I finished my first marathon in January & am planning on doing a 50k in November of this year.

I also like to cross train with kettlebells & body weight exercises.

I'm happy to maintain my current weight (140ish) but wouldn't mind adding on a few pounds of lean muscle.

My main goals right now are to clean up my diet, increase my monthly mileage from 90-100 miles to 100-110 miles, and to lose the last stubbon bit of belly fat I have left.

I have a meteorite collection & my favorite superhero is Batman.

I've checked in a few other fitness forums but it wasn't really my kinda thing. I'm hoping to get along better with all you nerds. 

lvl 1 half-elf scoutSTR 2|DEX 4|STA 4|CON 2|WIS 1|CHA 2

running & exercise log ~ food journal ~ @robertincypress

Welcome!  Your progress so far is awesome.....you're tackling a 50k??  I bow before your epicness.  :)  And, a meteorite collection, eh?  Would love to hear more about that, how you got started with it, sounds fascinating.  Good luck with your goals!

Will you be participating in the next 6 week challenge with us?  It starts tomorrow!  :)

the meteorite story is kinda interesting, 

an old (as in i've known her a long time & shes probably like 50) friend of mine is an artist currently living in florida. she fell onto some tough times so i offered to buy some paintings she was working on to help her out.  they were these really cool, but unfinished, portraits of characters from the Munsters. so, 300 bux for 4 of these Munsters paintings - Herman, Lilly, Eddie, and Grandpa. i paypal her the money & am expecting my paintings anytime...

but they never show up! so after checking in with my old friend it seems her situation hadn't improved and she couldn't afford to ship my paintings. i didn't bitch too much because we go way back but then she tells me her new husband is a meteorite dealer & would send me some space rocks since they couldnt afford mailing the paintings. 

anyway, he sent me some pretty cool stuff. meteorites, tektites, some atom bomb glass & a little spec of a rock supposedly from Mars. I just kinda took off with my collection from there... never did get my damn Munsters paintings though 

lvl 1 half-elf scoutSTR 2|DEX 4|STA 4|CON 2|WIS 1|CHA 2

running & exercise log ~ food journal ~ @robertincypress

Archived