Forums are back in action! ×

Recovery

Hey all,

I'm looking for advice. Normally I'm a pretty positive, revved up person for others--I can help people through their mental blocks, help them stay motivated, help them find silver linings, etc. Occasionally I can apply my advice to myself as well. :-/

I've hit a slump of de-motivation--actually, the past month--and I'm not sure how to get out of it. At the same time, I'm frantic with work this week, and I can't do a thing to fix myself. I've already tried all my usual pampering/recovery/decompression/recreation tactics, but nothing's working. Normally the warmer weather alone would be enough to cheer me up and get me going, but nope.

Anyone got any advice?

..:: Tiny Oak .:. Level 2 Wood Elf Druid ::..

..:: STR: TBD | DEX: TBD  | STA: TBD | CON: TBD | WIS: TBD | CHA: TBD ::..

..:: Current Challenge .:. Challenge the First ::..

Goal 1: Dance and Be Merry!

0%
0%

Goal 2: Write It Down!

0%
0%

Goal 3: Hoard my Riches!

100%
100%

Goal 4: Clean It Up!

0%
0%

I'd recommend starting with a good night's sleep. Read a light fiction book to turn off your mind and have an early night. Hitting mental walls is somtimes just your body saying that you have too much on at the moment. I'd also recommend going for a long run or workout without your iPod in as it will give you time to put your mind on defrag. Once you're ready, take out a pen and paper and right down all the things that are on your mind. Make a list of things you can do to get through these things and get started right away on knocking the stuff off your list. Once this is done, you should feel right as rain.

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

I'd also recommend going for a long run or workout without your iPod in as it will give you time to put your mind on defrag.

I like that a lot! Good advice, there is nothing like a good long run with some good music. The best part is that it is finally warming up and it will make it that much more enjoyable.

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!