Forums are back in action! ×

Motivation!

I've been having more trouble staying motivated the past couple of weeks. I still go to the gym and do my sets and do my running but it's all become stale. I've hit a plateau with my weight loss and it's making it harder to see the progress I'm making. My question is this, what do you guys do to help keep you motivated? I try to think about my health and the way that I look as being the reason..but sometimes that just doesn't cut it. I know that it should be more than enough but what can I say? lol I will never quit as long as I live but I really need something to keep it interesting.

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

Watching Spartacus: Blood and Sand/Gods of the Arena or some other show or movie that has super muscular guys and hot girls...plus fitness magazines. I really don't know why that works because you would think its to simple.

I'll give that a try, thanks man.

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

Guest Carjack

I don't even try to keep myself motivated for a stale routine. The gym is as much a place to have fun as to get strong.

Look around in any gym and you'll see everyone doing the same boring garbage. You have the treadmill crowd, the seated dumbbell press and ez curl bar crowd, the 3 lifts only crowd.

Don't be those douches. Be like me.

Reps and sets are boring? Throw more weight on the bar and do singles.

Exercises are monotonous? Ever heard of the bent press? One arm push up? Plyometric burpees? Crawling for distance instead of wasting time on sit ups?

Bored with running? Do hill sprints and imagine crashing through doors. Change direction and stop too.

Tired? Go to sleep.

If you don't arrive at the place of training anxious like a little kid to move hard and fast, you're not training, eating and sleeping right.

Don't be those douches. Be like me.

Lol...that cracks me up cuz its kind of a douche bag thing to say. ;)

Anyway, I don't know how advanced you are in your workout but for lifting try to switch to explosive lifts like cleans, snatches, deadlifts, squat thrusters, etc. They are a blast and totally get you shredded. Sprints are very good like carjack said. Take it outside to a mountain or beach...sand is a bitch. Go in a crazy direction...hit up some yoga and watch hot women pose or pilates and watch women pose while you try not to die. Or do a martial art. Muay Thai is an excellent work out, or even just boxing. The Muay Thai gym I go to requires you to work out with them to a certain level of fitness before the real training begins.

You both are right! Why keep trying to do something that just bores the hell out of me anymore. I'm gonna try to mix it up a little bit. Instead of running 3 miles at a steady pace I'm gonna run as hard and fast as I can for as long as I can. With my lifting I'm gonna throw a bunch on there and see how many time I can push it. Thanks to both you.

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!