Forums are back in action! ×

Rebels! post your desktop

I've noticed something many "nerds" have in common is their fondness for customizing and tweaking their desktops. I enjoy making new combinations every once in a while so show off your work and style.

Posted Image

I used the basic enigma skin for rainmeter, rocketdock, and a black burberry wallpaper from deviantart

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 2 Human Adventurer

My Bucket List/Epic Quest || Tasty's Reckoning: Becoming Bane

| Str: 6 | Dex: 5.75 | Sta: 5 | Con: 5 | Wis: 10 | Cha: 7 |

Wow, those make me wanna do something to mine! I've never really messed with desktop options and modding. All I ever do is change my background. lol

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

I keep mine very clean.

I am also a fan of the clean/simple desktop. I usually use fluxbox on Linux, and if you're up for it, you might check out BlackBox for Windows: http://www.bb4win.org/news.php

I have it on at least one system that's running XP. Just the background, window bar, and iconified items. Virtual desktops and you right click w/ the mouse for your menu.

"Tomorrow = Never"

Twitter | Thingist | Challenge | Squad

this is centered with a wide black border. I have a bunch of folders on my desktop because I hate digging for things I use all the time. My work machine (where I am now) is just a boring ass blue background... like the machine is prepping for a BSOD :\

[ATTACH=CONFIG]260[/ATTACH]

OK the supid image won't post any larger, click to see a bigger version. It's Wil Wheaton playing D&D with the Golden Girls, framed in bacon.

post-1699-13567242915194_thumb.jpg

I read a study once that said doing ANYTHING in the gym is more anabolic than doing NOTHING sitting in front of the computer.

~Chris Shugart @ T-nation

Iron is full of impurities that weaken it: through forging, it becomes steel and is

transformed into a razor-sharp sword. Human beings develop in the same fashion.

~Morihei Ueshiba

Favorites:

* Robb Wolf Podcast #68- Matt Lalonde vs gluten (<-transcript)

*Documentary: Fat Head

*NF blog:Most Inspirational 20 Minutes

*Starting Strength Wiki

I had to check to see my desktop picture. It's buried under a swarm of folder icons, as usual. When I download something I normally save it to the desktop and shelve it later, but sometimes I forget to put it somewhere.

I have no idea how to post pics (too lazy to figure it out right now), but it's a picture of a gorgeous silver Maine Coon cat walking in snow. I want a kitty and I always liked Maine Coons (they're made in America, big, smart, rugged and gorgeous - just like I want to be, only I'm not that big for my species ;), but due to current housing situation, I can't get a cat. Even when I get a cat, it sure as hell won't be a purebred unless I find one abandoned at a shelter (which does happen). Till then, I will have to content myself with goldfish and other people's dogs...

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.