Forums are back in action! ×

Alter Egos

Chungy101

I dunno why I'm writing this one, but I'm just putting this one out there.

I really want to know how many people have two sides of the coin in different colours, because over the past couple of years I've had two extreme conflicting personalities.

I was just wondering if other people have that as well, and just checking to make sure I'm not insane.

No one is being judgemental , just post whatever, even if it may sound stupid, I'm just curious to know.

Actually not that weird a question. There has been a lot of data collected, papers written, and research done on the whole thing of personality.

I've got scores of "personalities" and I use that word in quotes for a reason. Effectively we all wear metaphorical masks in certain situations that in a nutshell allow certain aspects of ourselves to be muted or stand out more. It's actually a pretty fascinating thing to watch happen to other people and observe in yourself.

Good Example for me. I'm a really helpful person, if someone mentions they need something done half the time I'll just pop over and do it if it won't take too long. I'll go out of my way to run things over to a friends house, sacrifice personal time to help something out, etc. However if I see a homeless person on the street I won't give them money. I'm not suddenly becoming less charitable or any less helpful, I just put on a different face when in the public eye as opposed to how I act privately. 

So "work Brandon" will have no problem grabbing something from the fridge for you but "friend Brandon" will tell you to get off you lazy ass and get it yourself. "Dojo Brandon" will make sure to follow the form of something to a tee while "Cooking Brandon" will measure with pinches and "that looks right"s when making something.

So I think of it less as conflicting personalities as different traits coming out under different circumstances. 

Level 5 Orc Citizen Soldier

STR 7.5|DEX 9.5|STA 11|CON 12|WIS 20.5|CHA 8.5

Old Challenges 15/4 3/6 7/25

"Do it now."

I agree we all have different masks we wear. Depending on where I am my persona changes. My core self remains intact but my behavior differs. My work self and my play self are completely different yet are different parts of the whole.

Nocturnis is my ideal self and I have clear ideas of who I want to become. In pokemon terms its my next evolution lol

[TABLE=width: 500, align: left]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nocturnis, Level 1 Half Elf Ranger

STR 3|DEX 2|STA 2|CON 2|WIS 3|CHA 3

[/TABLE]

Archived