Forums are back in action! ×

Greetings from Heaven...I mean, Iowa

Hi all! I've been following Nerd Fitness for a while, but after picking up a copy of the Rebel Strength Guide, I decided to take the plunge and join the community.

I'm 27, married to a beautiful lady, and have one little girl, with another child on the way this summer. Between work and home, I keep pretty busy, but I also know and am realizing that my health is important as well.

I'm a pretty skinny guy and have a decently high metabolism. I went through most of my teenage years eating pretty much anything I wanted and never gaining a pound. And being a nerd who wasn't the most popular school. Despite doing some weightlifting in high school (more like wandering from machine to machine cluelessly), I never really put on any muscle because I didn't know what I was doing. Currently, I'm around 5'7" and weigh 145 lbs.

Last year, a friend and I started some weight training together, but both of us got busy after a couple months and fell off the horse. Currently, I'm storing his weight equipment at my house, so I have free access to it, and figure it's time to put it to use.

My plan is to work out in the mornings before I go to work, because that's the one time I have where everyone else is asleep and I have some quiet to myself.

So I guess my goals are to tackle the Rebel Strength Guide, find a way to consume enough calories to pack on some weight, and get stronger. I'm hoping my process through the RSG will not only help me get stronger, but help me build some better habits in regards to regular workouts and better eating.

It's great to be here, and I'm looking forward to leveling up my life!

Gnome Adventurer

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

Fitocracy | June 18-July 30 Challenge

Howdy Gnomicus, and welcome to the Rebellion!

Which version of the new book did you buy? I believe on version has the meal plan ideas for packing on calories. A good way to go is some version of whey protein throughout the day. Toss in some cashew butter, fruit, and heavy cream and you have some crazy calories that you can snack on.

"She turned me into a newt!"

"A newt?"

"I got better..."

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/NFPlex

That's NFPlex.

Great introduction! Welcome to the boards, and I hope you find it a supportive, knowledgeable place. Let us know how we can help!

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." --GK Chesterton

Domine, non sum dignus ut intres sub tectum meum, sed tantum dic verbo et sanabitur anima mea...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jbaileysewell