Forums are back in action! ×

I'm not dead. I'm alive

Bloop

What kind of grip are you using? Mine started failing around 165 lbs so I switched to alternate grip - one hand over, one hand under.

Level 3 - Half-Elf Warrior, STR - 5 | DEX - 1 | STA - 6 | CON - 5.5 | WIS - 3.5 | CHA - 5

I know where I'm going, and I know the truth, and I don't have to be what you want me to be. I'm free to be what I want. ~  Ali

Previous Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

A big thumbs up, Keep it up!

I'd say chalk is the best grip option, but strive to keep lifting without for as long as you can. The more you deadlift the better your grip will get- definitely give the mixed grip a go once you start to get to your maximum. If you're lifting 200lb you're going down the right path!

I usually only switch to mixed grip for my work sets, and chalk up for anything over 315lb usually. I'm about the same weight as you and managed to go from 315lb to 405lb since using chalk.

A big thumbs up, Keep it up!

I'd say chalk is the best grip option, but strive to keep lifting without for as long as you can. The more you deadlift the better your grip will get- definitely give the mixed grip a go once you start to get to your maximum. If you're lifting 200lb you're going down the right path!

I usually only switch to mixed grip for my work sets, and chalk up for anything over 315lb usually. I'm about the same weight as you and managed to go from 315lb to 405lb since using chalk.

Wow! 405lbs? That will be something to strive for. My next milestone is 250lbs for now...

- Bloop Bloop -

Archived