Forums are back in action! ×

random compliment?

at the gym this morning (for those of you who don't know, i have a membership at a university, even though I don't go there) and this guy comes up and starts asking me a bunch of questions about the gym, hours, if its busy, etc... turns out his son's a prospective student and they were checking out the athletic facilities.

anyways, he then starts asking me questions about the athletic directors, coaches, how often i met with them, etc... at which point i informed him that i didn't actually go to the school, i just had a membership there.

his response: "oh, well, that's a shame, they should pay you to lie - watching you for twenty minutes had me completely sold on the school's athletic programs."

...and as creepy as the 'watching you for twenty minutes' part was, i think that's woot worthy :)

I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

Hahaha, I'd say that's a definite win. Awesome ^^

p.s. Don't take the "watching you for 20 minutes" as stalking. He probably wasn't really standing around just looking at you for 20 minutes, he probably spent 20 minutes touring the gym and looked at you every so often. But guys love to stare at athletes working out, that's why they pay large sums of money for cable TV and tickets to games, etc. And this guy already has a kid who's an athlete. He's probably thinking to himself, "My son will get to look like that / date girls who look like that." The school should totally let you use their gym free ;)

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.