Forums are back in action! ×

Don't have time, must make time.

I'm Jenni, mom of nine beautiful kids and wife of my hero. Yes,  you read that right, nine. All mine, all single births. That means that my body has been beat all to heck by nine pregnancies and 23 years of breastfeeding. I'm 41, 5ft 5in, and 175 pounds and sick of being weak and overweight. I'm am not a big boned girl, I'm tired, and carrying around extra weight does not help as I manage our busy household.

So I got sick of it last week and began counting calories. I'm not sure that I'm all in for the paleo idea, but as I try to eat cleanly, I find I'm not far off. I'm down 2.6 pounds so far. I've started running (couch to 5k) and I enjoy it more than I ever thought I could. I always thought I was more of an indoorsy girl, but I love getting out in the sun. I'm also doing 30 day shred 2-3 times a week to help with strength and endurance. What I'm struggling with the most is just how weak I am. It is so depressing to see how far my body has really slid, and how far I have to go. But I'm taking it one day at a time. I realize this will be a long process. Finding time is a big obstacle, but I decided that I will never find the time, I have to make the time. Thank you for the inspirational stories. I hope one day I can be one of them.

After my 7th baby I lost 20 pounds, just by counting calorie and eating better, so I know I can do this. This time I want lasting and complete fitness, not just less weight. I've been reading the blog here for a while, but I really need some acountability, and I haven't been able to find that anywhere else. So here I am.

How am I a nerd? Well, I don't have time for video games, but I like to be at least a little conversant in them to talk to my son. I liked Lord of the Rings long before it was cool. I love my iphone and kindle and make heavy useof both games and productivity apps, I blog when I have time - that is rare these days. Fitness takes priority for now. So, that is me... nice to meet you all!

-Jenni

All of that sounds amazing, and Lord of the Rings is the icing on the cake haha. When I started losing weight, it was almost entirely calorie counting, so I wish you luck. I only joined yesterday, and I'm already enjoying the decision. Welcome!

Tauren Adventurer
STR:3 DEX:2 STA:2 CON:3 WIS:2 CHA:3

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us, cats look down on us, but pigs treat us as equals."

-Winston Churchill

Welcome and best of luck!

Counting calories is a great start, once you realize what you are putting in your body you can make better eating decisions. Do you use an app? I like Lose It. 

Are you participating in the 6 week challenge?

Lvl 8 ◠Half-Elf breaking free of an Ogre’s body ◠Ranger
STR 11.5; DEX 2; STA 19.5; CON 13; WIS 13; CHA 5
Fire Flower Power-up
“Things Do Not Happen. Things Are Made to Happen†– John F. Kennedy

My current challenge

2014 - My Year of Badassery (Battle Log)

Twitter

Instagram

Past Challenges:

#1; #2; #3; #4, #5, #6, #7, #8

Why did you have 7 kids

I have 9 kids. :-) we have a large family because we love them and that is what we felt called to. It's not for everyone, but I wouldn't trade it.

(I certainly don't mean to imply that parents of fewer children love them less. I don't think that at all.)

Archived