Forums are back in action! ×

Anyone doing the Warrior Dash this year?

Marnieanne

Warrior dashes are a lot of fun. I would recommend you do hill sprint intervals and more upper body work than you think you need. If you can't do a pull up when tired then doing it unassisted will be really tough. One thing I have noticed with the warrior dash vs tough mudder is the construction of obstacles. There were some at warrior that would not have been safe to attempt as the boards were coming loose and the course volunteers were trying to shore things up as people were swarming over. Mudder had clearly posted signs about weight limits and much better constructed obstacles. The artic enema still sucked though.

Tldr version

Hill sprints, upper body work focusing on pullups a must

Be sure to check the obstacles before going over to see how sound they are

Have fun!

Human Adventurer

Str: 3 | Dex: 2 | Sta:2 | Con:3 | Wis:3 | Cha:2

I've got no strings to hold me down, to make me smile or make me frown...

I've got the warrior dash in IL coming up in two weeks, then the spartan run in July. It will be my third WD. Last year I skipped it. The year before I walked it with my wife, and the year before I ran it. This year I want to run the whole thing again. Next year I want to be prepared to get a competitive time.

Fitness/Motivation Level Up Blog: IronEdutainer

twitter: https://twitter.com/pjr_ilstu

fitocracy: https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/pjrilstu/

My ScienceCom website and video channels.

"He who lives on hope, will die fasting" - Ben Franklin

These are the beat bruises ever. Love this race. I am doing Go Commando two weeks after, which is essentially the same thing.

Yes, yes they are. These are my legs after the tough mudder 

941607_626169900744030_217287004_n.jpg

Not shown is my black toenail from the Broad Street Run. My legs are going to be so sexy on the beach next week!

Human Adventurer

Str: 3 | Dex: 2 | Sta:2 | Con:3 | Wis:3 | Cha:2

I've got no strings to hold me down, to make me smile or make me frown...

Archived