Forums are back in action! ×

I hate talking about myself. I feel weird.

Hi. I'm Dustin. I am 22 years old. I'm 5'11" and about 200 lbs.  I'm a recovering fat guy.

This is where you say, "Hi Dustin!"

Okay but really. I recently decided that i was sick of being fat. I was a high school wrestler, and I weighed about 160 at my normal walking around weight. I was never the super ripped, always cutting weight wrestler. If i was I probably could have been down at 150. Now, 4 years later I maxed out my weight at about 220. I hated it. So I recently decided it was time for a change. I have been hitting the gym and trying to incorporate the paleo lifestyle, but I find it difficult at times to change my eating style so drastically. I have been doing my weight training and such for about six weeks now and am currently floating at about 200 pounds.

I recently found out about NERD FITNESS and have since been online looking at it almost everyday. I started by just reading articles and seeing all the comments and all the information that was being presented. The other day I decided to join the forums and such, and his is where I am. 

Like the topic title says, I hate talking about myself. It makes me feel weird and icky. But I figured that if I am going to use this NF community correctly and let it help me by getting insight, support and advice from others who are fighting the good fight along side me, I should get on and talk about myself a bit. I don't know what else to say about myself because I don't like it. But there is an up side to me not talking about myself to this currently lifeless post...... What is the upside you ask? I'll tell you. I am a pretty honest open guy. What does that mean for you wearisome travelers as you read this? You can ask me about myself and I will more than likely answer you. So there is that.

That's all I want to type. 

I will add one more thing. 

My goals. 

I just want to look and feel better. I don't care about the number on the scale. I just want to feel like me again. I want my outside to reflect my cheerfulness, and my exuberance that I feel defines me on the inside. I want to look good naked again..... ladies ;). I want to be able to enjoy life without my weight or lack of fitness slowing me down. 

Done.

Ask away... if you want.  :ph34r:

Level 1 Dark Elf Ranger

Strength: 3

Dexterity: 3

Stamina: 2

Constitution: 2

Wisdom : 2

Charisma: 3

Hi Dustin

Welcome to the rebellion and best of luck with your journey. I have the same build as you and I am also a recovering fat guy.

Are you participating in the challenge? What kind of work outs do you enjoy?

Lvl 8 ◠Half-Elf breaking free of an Ogre’s body ◠Ranger
STR 11.5; DEX 2; STA 19.5; CON 13; WIS 13; CHA 5
Fire Flower Power-up
“Things Do Not Happen. Things Are Made to Happen†– John F. Kennedy

My current challenge

2014 - My Year of Badassery (Battle Log)

Twitter

Instagram

Past Challenges:

#1; #2; #3; #4, #5, #6, #7, #8

Thank you for your hand of fellowship. I wish you the best in your journey. 

I am still trying to figure the challenge out. I will be working to get on board soon though. I really enjoy anytime spent on a wrestling mat. Obviously. And i have recently realized i actually like lifting weights. Also, I could spend countless hours out adventuring through the woods or mountains. 

Level 1 Dark Elf Ranger

Welcome!!  :)  Sounds like you've already made some big steps toward your goals.  The paleo transition can be rough but it's been so worth it for me.  Keep on going, and tweak your diet as needed to best support your goals.  I see you've joined the Rangers...good for you!  Even if you don't get a challenge thread up and running this time around, you can keep working on your own goals unofficially while creepin' interacting on other Rebels' challenges to see what it's all about.  :)  Glad you're here!

Hello Dustin!

I like your post. I wanted to ask you which Nerdfitness articles are your favorites? I really love 'How to (Successfully) transition your diet'. I love how NF emphasizes making changes that last a lifetime not just quick diets to hit your goal.  I'm sort of addicted to the articles on the blog so if you have any suggestions on articles that were helpful to you I would love to hear them!

LadyofLayton

Adventurer/Aspiring Assasin

Alliterative

First Challenge! Second(Current)Challenge

STR-4-DEX-1.5-STA-2-CON-9-WIS-9-CHA-1.5-

"If I look back, I am lost"

Thanks for all the welcoming words from everyone.

I see you've joined the Rangers...good for you! 

I have joined the rangers... for now. I think it fits me for the person I am today, but I think it would be incredible to be able to call myself an assassin.

I wanted to ask you which Nerdfitness articles are your favorites?

I'm sort of addicted to the articles on the blog so if you have any suggestions on articles that were helpful to you I would love to hear them!

I really like this article http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2013/04/04/comparison/ I tend to compare myself to others a lot, and i need to start to realize more that all that should matter is who I am. That is the advice I would give to people as well. I give the same kind of advice to the kids I work with.

Also, LadyofLayton, Where are you from? Layton is a city in Utah (I live in Utah), and I was just curious if that is where you are.

Level 1 Dark Elf Ranger

Also, LadyofLayton, Where are you from? Layton is a city in Utah (I live in Utah), and I was just curious if that is where you are.

Yessir, Layton, Utah born and raised. I love living in Utah. I don't know if I would change that, though sometimes I feel like living in the town I grew up in...is lame? I feel like people look down on you if you haven't left the town you grew up in. 

Where abouts in Utah are you at? 

I see you're an aspiring assassin as well. I picked Assassin because I would love to take advantage of all of the extreme outdoor activities available here so parcour and rock climbing sounds right. Is that why Assassin is your goal too?

Have you thought about the 6 week challenge any more? I know I've heard that it's okay to start late in them. I'm digging the challenge, it's keeping me honest. As long as I don't stop checking in on the forums every couple of days I should be able to keep it up. 

I hope I didn't bombard you with crazy questions. ;)

LadyofLayton

Adventurer/Aspiring Assasin

Alliterative

First Challenge! Second(Current)Challenge

STR-4-DEX-1.5-STA-2-CON-9-WIS-9-CHA-1.5-

"If I look back, I am lost"

Where abouts in Utah are you at? 

I see you're an aspiring assassin as well. I picked Assassin because I would love to take advantage of all of the extreme outdoor activities available here so parcour and rock climbing sounds right. Is that why Assassin is your goal too?

Have you thought about the 6 week challenge any more? I know I've heard that it's okay to start late in them. I'm digging the challenge, it's keeping me honest. As long as I don't stop checking in on the forums every couple of days I should be able to keep it up. 

I hope I didn't bombard you with crazy questions. ;)

I currently reside in Midvale. Which if you don't know is basically just Salt Lake. I dont think it is bad to live in the same place you were born. I still only live 15 minutes from mommy and daddy. haha. 

I would love to be an assassin for the simple reason of making the world my playground. That is the life in my opinion. Thats how it used to be for me, and so I want it to be like that again. 

Level 1 Dark Elf Ranger

Archived