Forums are back in action! ×

Good Evenin'

So I've been hanging around the site for a good bit, and I've finally decided to join the community. I've started trying to get into a workout routine (and adjusting my diet) several times, but I've always fallen out of habit. For the workouts, it's usually because I'll get sick and don't want to push myself, so instead of telling myself "I'll walk today and ease myself back into the work out" I just decide to forgo working out completely. 

I'm 18, 6'2 and about 200 pounds (last time I checked, I tend to avoid the scale). Unfortunately, I have very little muscle (particularly in my upper body), so a large portion of my weight is fat. I've recently got back into working out (I was doing pretty well, but then, got sick) and I've decided to join the Rebellion for support. I've got little support where I am (most of my friends either aren't' interested in working out, or they're major fans of conventional wisdom), and of course, few would find creating a race and class as interesting as I would. I figured now would be the perfect time to join the community because I recently did my first complete and actual chin-up, which was a milestone for me, so I figured that if I wanted to continue reaching those milestones, a community wouldn't hurt. 

I've been working on fixing my diet, but a complete overhaul isn't possible at the moment because of who I live with. I have managed to cut out sodas, aside from the rare occasion when I"m out with friends or family, and even then I tend to prefer sweet tea. At the moment I'm working on cutting out chips, and after that, I'll see about the frozen or canned foods I tend to each for lunch. 

Even though the six week challenge has already started, I've been considering jumping straight into it, as I have a habit of saying "I'll take it slow" without actually taking it at all.

Level 2 Rakelian Auxiliary(Adventurer)

The Auxiliary Unit

Stats

STR-6 DEX-5 STA-6 CON-3 WIS-4 CHA-3

Welcome RPG! I'm new to the forum too, and so far everybody has been pretty encouraging. I tend to have the same issue, where I start a thing and just don't see it through (because I get sick among other reasons). A mindset you may find useful is to consider the number on the scale as just that: a number. A data point. So, picture this: you have a graph where you plot your weight once a week. Now, instead of comparing your weight to what you think it ought to be, you're comparing it to what it was last week. Getting that kind of feedback, especially if your weight is steadily decreasing, is insanely encouraging so that you'll want to keep exercising.

Level 1 Githzerai AdventurerSTR 1 | DEX 5 | STA 2 | CON 1 | WIS 3 | CHA 3Challenge 2Challenge 1

Thanks for the welcome guys. 

Welcome RPG! I'm new to the forum too, and so far everybody has been pretty encouraging. I tend to have the same issue, where I start a thing and just don't see it through (because I get sick among other reasons). A mindset you may find useful is to consider the number on the scale as just that: a number. A data point. So, picture this: you have a graph where you plot your weight once a week. Now, instead of comparing your weight to what you think it ought to be, you're comparing it to what it was last week. Getting that kind of feedback, especially if your weight is steadily decreasing, is insanely encouraging so that you'll want to keep exercising.

Thanks, I like that idea!

Level 2 Rakelian Auxiliary(Adventurer)

The Auxiliary Unit

Stats

STR-6 DEX-5 STA-6 CON-3 WIS-4 CHA-3

Archived