Forums are back in action! ×

KT Tape

bigdamnhero

Does anyone here use KT Tape? What are your thoughts about it?

I was at my local sporting goods chain store and impulsively  picked up a roll on my way through the checkout without doing any research. I started using it when I play soccer once a week for what I have self diagnosed as achilles tendonitis, which really flares up after games. I was not in as much pain as I usually was after my game last week so I believe it is doing its job. It will really be put to the test in a few weeks when my outdoor, full time and field games start but so far I am a fan and I just wanted to see if anyone else uses it. 

Thanks.

I've had mixed results. Loved it for a long time and then fell out of love with it. I think the main reason is it's hard to get it on right on yourself and I had trouble getting it to stick. When my PT applied it I was really pleased. I think it's totally worth a shot!

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

I was seeing a specialtist for my shoulder and he was doing ART on me and we taped one week and not the next time.

I think it helped even in that it brings your attention to it and you are more conscious of it and I think that was just as helpful as the actual support.

I wouldn't apply myself unless it was like the quad our somewhere I could easily reach. mine was outside back shoulder so I would have only had someone else do it for me. they get a better placement and proper tensioning.

I've had mixed results. Loved it for a long time and then fell out of love with it. I think the main reason is it's hard to get it on right on yourself and I had trouble getting it to stick. When my PT applied it I was really pleased. I think it's totally worth a shot!

right on.

ive had mixed results applying it myself. its sometimes tough to apply right but when it works it works well.

lvl 1 half-elf scoutSTR 2|DEX 4|STA 4|CON 2|WIS 1|CHA 2

running & exercise log ~ food journal ~ @robertincypress

The thing about tape is that it's only as good as how well it is applied, it sounds like you're doing a good job, so I'd recommend continuing with what you are doing.  Just be aware of how tight you tape it so you don't cut off circulation.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Archived